Friday, January 30, 2009

Choice vs. Opportunity Costs:

Yesterday I worked as an EBD teacher that supported the classroom teacher. I got to sit through 3 Senior Economics Classes. I heard the same lecture three times on Choice and Opportunity Costs. So the students had to pick 5 things they would do if they had an extra hour every day, but each of those 5 things had to equal an hour by themselves. They then had to choose one thing of those things to do over the others.
Interesting enough...by subbing I was making the choice to sub and my opportunity cost was missing out in the morning with helping with the girls.

Two things learned yesteday... balance is possible but communication is the KEY...

On the days that I sub...the girls have decided they like it when their dad gets them ready.
As Kaydree puts it:
1. He lets us turn on the television in the morning and watch Disney Channel.
2. He lets us eat whatever we want like: cookies, brownies, donuts, chips....ect.
3. He lets me wear whatever I want.
4. He lets me do my hair whatever way I want...even if it means not at all.

Now I must admit that I don't mind a break from the morning routine because the morning somehow can end up being the most stressful time of the day. Trying to get everyone out the door and moving in the right direction or at least in the same direction can be a challenge!


Now I will tell you that my husband/my eternal companion/best friend should get the FATHER OF YEAR AWARD for yesterday morning!
Isn't she so cute? Just had to add this picture!

When Benjy dropped Karsyn off at school he noticed it was pajama day. He called me and said, " Everyone was in their pajama's except for Karsyn, so I quick ran to Kmart and got her some pajamas and a pair of pink lined crocs..."(second pair in a month.) Benjy was already going to be a little late for a CLE class downtown and now he was really running late. He told me.."Kristen, you should have seen her little lip quivering, she was trying to be such a good girl about it, but she was so sad...I just had to go get her some pajamas and she couldn't wear her boots all day with them!"
Here are the new adorable pajamas, he did such a good job picking out cute little valentine penguins!
Her second pair of lined crocs, however these were on clearance for $5. Good job Benjy, I have taught you well! ;-)
Now for the second catastrophe that hit my sweet husband..he noticed on his way out the door that it was Karsyn's turn to bring a snack for her class. He could have went downstairs to our food storage and could have grabbed a couple boxes of granola bars...which we have as you can see from this picture. Although it would have been interesting if he had brought a bunch of fiber one bars for 4-5 year olds! ;-0
Benjy forgot we had them and he said, "besides what kid wants a granola bar?" So he went to the gas station and bought Vanilla Wafers, Cheez-its and M&M's: "healthy enough, right?"
Except he accidentally grabbed HOT and SPICY...... oops! Let's just say Karsyn's class did not even try the Cheez-its! LOL...
I have to tell you... last night as Kaydree and I sat reading our books, all cuddled up in blankets and Benjy and Karsyn were putting together a puzzle...I thought..."Is it possible to love someone so much?" I texted him to tell him that I was sorry that I hadn't communicated all of that to him, he was so sweet and said, "It was no big deal!" He still makes my heart skip a beat when I think about how much he loves me and our little girls!

10 comments:

Benjy said...

Wow this "Benjy" seems like a good guy....

Love Me.

Kathy Koch said...

This Benjy is a good guy

Cute pajamas and You can bring the hot and spicy cheeze its next weekend I am sure someone will eat them

The Seaman Family said...

You have a great hubby! Way to go on the sale!! I love the relationship that the girls have with him they are so cute!!

Laurel Criddle said...

That was the cutest post!! I was laughing a lot. I shouldn't be so surprised Benj did what he did. What a good dad!!! Its so funny how men think...it just cracks me up. I asked Kevin if he would do the same thing and he said yes of course. haha Good work Benj...you just got a bunch of wife points!

Serena said...

You are so lucky Kristen. Where can I find a husband like that?? Great job Benjy. Clint would have just made our kids suffer.(Seriously)

The pajamas are very cute. Karsyn looked awesome for pajama day!!

shantel said...

Oooohhh what a sweet little daddy!! You have yourself a good husband, way to go Benjy.

Andie said...

My kids like when Ryan is the one to get them out the door in the morning because he packs them "better" lunches than I do. Meaning no fruits or veggies, chips AND pretzels, and PB & J's three inches thick!

Good work, Benjy! I agree, Fiber One bars in pre-school would have been bad. ;-)

Linz said...

I love how happy Karsyn looks in her cute PJ's!

Danny and Shalayne said...

So cute! I can see Danny doing that someday...they must be brothers! I LOVE your hair & bangs by the way! They look so good on you! I'm currently deciding what I should do with mine...ah!

Schreurs said...

Wow.. what a cute post Kristen.. Isn't it crazy when you think they can't do it and they pull it off like a champion! Great job Benjy.. And great taste too! These are the moments we cherish and will remember always!