Thursday, January 8, 2009

Smurf This and Smurf That...

Our Friends, the Hobbs recently lent us a Smurf DVD Collection. Benjy and I have had a blast laughing at how much we didn't remember about the Smurfs. Benjy has decided that Smurfette was not the innocent Smurfette that we remembered her to be. We both forgot that Gargamel made her. So lately at our house everything is Smurf this and Smurf that. Even the girls are getting a kick out of inserting the word smurf for other words, like smurf ya later, mom and dad! I hear, "Mom Karsyn is smurfing me!" Of course one can sometimes misinterpret what smurf may mean in various sentences. So we sat around discussing which smurf we each think we are. Funny how others don't view us as the way we want to be viewed! Kaydree decided I would be Clumsy Smurf, Benjy would be Grumpy smurf or Jokey Smurf (depending on the time of day and stress load at work!) ;-) and that she was Smurfette. Karsyn wants to be Papa Smurf... he gets to make all the decisions. He is the "Boss of the Applesauce" as Karsyn would put it. Um... does it surprise us that she would want to be Papa Smurf? In reality I think I am a Sleepy Smurf! I started wondering what about our personalities do we portray in our words and actions? Just curious.... which smurf would you want to be and which smurf would you say people see you as?

7 comments:

Andie said...

I'm pretty sure people would see me as Brainy Smurf. He's super annoying, enjoys telling other people what to do, and thinks he is right all the time. (Constantly working on that one).

If I could pick a smurf to be.....probably Smurfette? That's my first thought, but actually probably not---wasn't she pretty dippy, if I am remembering right? Maybe I'd still like to be Brainy, just on a less annoying level! :)

shantel said...

Well that was a pretty smurffy post!!! I agree with Karsyn I would probally be Papa Smurf....

Luann said...

I love the smurfariffic post. both my self and others would probably describe me a Bossy Smurf since I like to have things under control.

When I was little my uncle worked at the Smurf factory in LA his daughter had the smurffiest toys!

Kathy Koch said...

Since it has been too long ago that I have seen the Smurfs I could not tell you for sure but from what you are saying I probably would be in the same place as Karsyn not that I am bossy.. No comment please

Smurf Out

Janice Anderson said...

People might see me as Poet Smurf, writing lofty words, inspired by Smufette. I see myself as Lazy Smurf, planning my next nap as soon as I wake up in the morning. Smurf language! Yeah, I used to talk Smurf with my kids too.

Ashton & Co. said...

I haven't seen the Smurfs for a good 20 years, but if there's one that is finicky and anxious, that would be me. Maybe her name would be Psycho Smurf. Is there one? :) Cute post. I haven't thought about the Smurf's for ages. My uncle used to call us up and tell us he was Gargamel. Fun times every Saturday morning when the Smurf's were on!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

Maybe I'll have to borrow the DVD. Is it our age? Mark and I are probably the onle people on the planet who don't know what in the world you are talking about, having never watched the smurfs. What a sad story about our lives!