Thursday, January 29, 2009

I May Have Gone a Little Too Far...this time!

On Sunday Mornings, Benjy leaves about 2 hours before the girls and I do in order to go to a Meeting. This Sunday I was having a bad hair/wrinkly forehead looking day. So I asked Kaydree to get some scissors. She brought up some fisker childproof pink ones and I started cutting! Kaydree just about died! She was half laughing/half in shock, "MOM.... what are you doing, what did you do!" I have been known to do this from time to time dating back to Middle school! A great example I am being to my girls, right?
Here is a nice chunk of some that I cut off. I thought Benjy would laugh when he saw me walk into church. Instead I got, "I really really like your hair!" So, I was feeling somewhat confident until yesterday... things went very wrong. Here is a picture.
I volunteered in Kaydree's class and she said, "Mom... your bangs are crooked and one of my friends said, "Your mom looks really different!" Which I think translated into...."What did your mom do to her hair?" Last night Benjy and Kaydree both told me I looked like a boy! Yikes! Aren't they nice?????? Karsyn said, "Mom I love your new bangs, I think you look pretty!"
This morning when I was getting ready to teach at Anoka High School, I decided I better take a little more time and effort to make my hair look somewhat presentable! I thought it looked decent from this angle? Thanks to Andrea, I am going to a Salon that will fix my spur of the moment desperation on Tuesday!

12 comments:

Audrey said...

This is what I told you about on sunday! I have done this before and it looks great when I do it because it is dried already the way it wants to sit. The way it dries when its cut is a whole another story! Welsome to the club! :)

shantel said...

I'm just glad I wasn't losing it, I was quite sure that you didn't have bangs the night before and was pretty sure you didn't get a haircut that morning!! I guess I'm not the only one that tries to cut their own bangs and has to have their stylist fix them. :) For what its worth, I agree with Karsyn they look cute!!

Laurel Criddle said...

Hahahaha Thats funny!!! I think both pics looked really good! I like the bangs straight across...they are cute!! I've definitely done that before though. Bang cutting seems so much easier than it really is. I laughed at how the girls must have reacted. Too funny

Kathy Koch said...

Actually they look very nice I was not a bit surprised that you took matters into your own hands but I bet they won't have to do to much to correct your cutting.
I like them

Heathertime said...

That is really funny. I think your hair looks great.

The Seaman Family said...

I like the bangs. They look super cute!!

Andie said...

You do not look like a boy! But then what do I know...I go to volunteer at school and the kids tell Janie her grandma is here!

I like the bottom picture when you blew your hair out. It looks good!

Becki D said...

I think the bangs look great! And your hair is very shiny....I'm jealons!

Nicole said...

I didn't think it was boyish. I'm only brave enough to trim my bangs once someone with skills has cut them first.

Serena said...

The hair/bangs look great! I always cut my bangs, I don't want to pay just to have my bangs cut. I don't think you look like a boy at all!!

At least you didn't shave you head like someone else I know. She is still messing with the new growth of bangs.

Brenda said...

Check out a blog called HELLOmynameisheather and you will see her bangs are gorgeous too. Plus she is a designer of fun creative fabrics, etc! I just found her today when I needed more of her felt that I found at Archivers last week. Her online store is listed under Heather Bailey.

Brenda said...

I think you look cute in bangs. I love your shiny healthy hair. And yes, I have cut my own hair too! Kiss Karsyn and keep that kid!