Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Determination to Use up Extra Flour!

Since I had extra flour that wouldn't fit into my extra containers...
I made Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Look at the height of my cookies I was so shocked! I had to take a picture.
And another picture... actually there were lots of pictures, I picked my favorite two. What can I say...with a new camera and cookies actually turning out...how could I resist?
Benjy came home and couldn't believe his eyes and then he tasted them and said, "Who brought cookies over?" I told him I baked them and he said, "These look and taste like real cookies!" Yay me!!!!! I did it!!!! I can't tell you how excited I was...am! I think I have told plenty of people who won't be surprised to see this post! Hee Hee.....
After the cookies were done...I had a huge bowl of flour left...so I got on the internet and pulled up my favorite childhood past time... and made Bakers Clay! (remember mom?)
The results: Karsyn's spider...with help from dad.
Kaydree making a turtle...
Kaydree's is on the top and Benjy's is on the bottom!

Okay...I couldn't resist...just one more picture of my cookies.
Well, I had to add my favorite picture! I might frame these...Just kidding...well? maybe..

16 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice work with the cookies!

Kathy Koch said...

Yes I do remember the bakers clay in fact in one of my old recipe boxes I recently saw the recipe and you had written it
Do you feel like you conquered Mt Everest???
Great job I knew you could do it...

Samantha Hussong said...

I can so hear Benjy saying "Who brought cookies over?", Good Job. They look delicious. Was it easy making the oatmeal raisen ones?

shantel said...

WOW!! You should send your pics to Betty Crocker's cookbook, they look just like a pic you would see in a recipe book!!!

Luann said...

YEAH!!!!! I think your joy is even better then my parking moment!

Laurel Criddle said...

Beautiful cookies! I know that proud feeling you get when you get a recipe right! Looks like the girls enjoyed being creative! Benj too!

The Seaman Family said...

Those look so yummy!! Te camera looks like it's working great too! Way to go!!

Brenda said...

I knew you could do it too. Congrats! They look delicious! What are you going to conquer next? Sky's the limit, SuperMom!

The Miller Family said...

Lol! Your cookies look beautiful and super yummy! Good job Kristen!

The "Serene" Life said...

Congratulation Krissy~
They look delicious!

Brenda said...

Yummy! We need to come up sometime this summer and make some together. Looks like you could give me tips!!!! We'll bring our RV and use your sewer:) Miss you guys, Brenda

Andie said...

The cookies look great! Isn't it amazing what following the directions will do? ;-)

Serena said...

The cookies look great! The pictures would look great framed handing in your kitchen. Great job Kristen!!

Serena said...

Have you ever heard that people who when to Rigby High School in Idaho can't spell? Sorry it should read hanging instead of handing.

Serena said...

I just noticed that I didn't even spell went correctly. I need a spelling class.

Linz said...

How do you do baker's clay?

I think you made a good choice with the camera. Those close-up shots are great!