Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Indescribable Joy...

I experienced the greatest joy when I was baptized a little over 10 years ago and yet when Kaydree was baptized on Saturday, somehow that joy was indescribable! My eyes welled up with tears just thinking about her decision on our way to her baptism. To know that your child wants to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and Redeemer is one of the greatest blessings one can receive.
Grandpa and Grandma are both converts to the church and joined in their teenage years. They both gave talks at Kaydree's baptism and they were very heartfelt and testified of our Savior and their trust in him. It meant so much to us to have them fly in from Washington to be here. My entire family came to support Kaydree in her decision. Again, words can not describe my gratitude for their love and support. They all had to not only drive a long way, but they hit very, "white knuckle driving roads" as Spencer would put it! The roads were horrible and yet they were determined to be present on this very special day.
Karsyn started telling everyone that she was turning eight in 3 weeks and that she was going to be baptized. She informs us that she is ready now...... all she has to do is reach the age of accountability and then she can choose for herself.
This is the only picture I got of Kaydree in her jumpsuit because I overestimated the size of Benjy's suit and he really didn't want a picture capturing the site!;-) It was a little snug and a lot too short. oops...
There was an amazing support shown from our Ward Family. Some of the Primary Children came to help Karsyn sing, "When Jesus Christ was Baptized." It was a beautiful day...not so much outside but within the walls of that Chapel!
It is always a special time for Benjy, myself and the girls when our families can spend time together, including our Ward Family... The most important people in our lives all in the same room at the same time.
I hope Kaydree will always remember the promises that she has made on this day and above all be forever grateful for the One who makes it all possible.

15 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations Kaydree! And to you and Benjy as parents I think it's a great accomplishment to know that you've taught your child so well that they wanted to be baptized. Sorry I missed all the fun [and caused so much anxiety :)]

shantel said...

I'm glad we were able to share in that special day!!

Congratulations Kaydree!!!

Chris said...

Congratulations Kaydree! I know everyone is so proud of you. Reading this post just makes me cry with joy. I can feel the love and support you all have. What a wonderful day.

The "Serene" Life said...

Congratulations Kaydree. What a special day for all of you.......you are on the right path. Enjoy your journey!

Audrey said...

So when your mother in law was talking, for some reason the word "choice" kept striking me. Its not like I havn't heard it before but its just eye opening to think of an eight year old "choosing" somehting so monumently to me as an adult. It really was a wonderful baptisim. Sorry we didn't stay for treats.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful day! We sure love you and miss you.

The Rancho Gang

Danny and Shalayne said...

I am so glad that it was a wonderful day! We are so proud of Kaydree and wish we could have been there! Thanks for posting pics so we could see parts of the day!

Andie said...

It was a beautiful day, and I'm definitely looking forward to Karsyn's baptism in three weeks! :)

The Seaman Family said...

It was such an amazing day! The Spirit was so strong and I am so happy for your whole family!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

We were glad we could share in Kaydree's special day. It was a lovely baptismal service. It was wonderful to meet all of your family, too.

Luann said...

Kaydree congratulations on being old enough to make such an important choice! I loved seeing all the pictures of your families together surrounding you with love.

Kathy Koch said...

We were so happy to be able to ssawkersthare in such beautiful and important day.
Congratulations
WE love you very much

Ashton & Co. said...

What a special day. Love all the pictures. I can tell you have such a strong testimony from the things you write. Your girls are lucky to have such a neat mom! I am happy for Kaydree. Tell her congrats from us!

Serena said...

This was a wonderful day. I loved seeing your families there to support Kaydree. Glad we got to enjoy the day with you.

Congratulations Kaydree!!

Sarah said...

What a special day! That's so neat that both of your families were able to be there. Kaydree looks so beautiful all dressed in white! Congrats to Kaydree for making such a good decision!