Monday, January 5, 2009

Journal Entry.

It is crazy to me how fast the Holidays flew by this year. I wanted to take down the Christmas decorations this weekend, yet Benjy wanted me to wait. I can't decide if it is because he likes the lights or if he just didn't want to have to start lifting the boxes back up into the rafters? Two books that I want to recommend are:
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle is my current read. Thanks Emily, I am subbing today and I have enjoyed reading this book on my prep and at the gym while I do the stair climber. The Wednesday Letters was given to me to read from Whitney a lady from church, which I think she may have borrowed, but let me tell you....I was crying in the first chapter! A happy feel good book! I read it on the day I was sick in bed with the flu. Easy read and can be done in a day or two.
I just love Minnesota winters when I can curl up with a good book and enjoy being inside because it is wayyyyyyy too cold to be going outside! I have to say it does feel good to be back to a schedule and start working on getting off those Holiday pounds! Now...what should I cook for dinner? That is a constant (ugh!!!!!) in my life!

7 comments:

Audrey said...

I've read Edgar Sawtelle too! It is fantastic although your right, it is a bit of a cry fest at times.

Kathy Koch said...

I am enjoying The Wednesday Letters but I am afraid I have been doing other things so it will take me a few more days than it did you. I will have to borrow the book you got from Emily after you are done..

Janice Anderson said...

Thanks for the book titles. I'm always interested in knowing what my friends recommend. Great blog. Great kids. Great parents.

Las Vegas Leak's said...

Check out www.yourhomebasedmom.com for some great recipes...she has some links to other great cooking blogs that have saved me the last few months. Also, there is a lady who took it upon herself to cook 365 days in a crockpot and has TONS of recipes on her website. I believe it is http://crockpot365.blogspot.com; also I like the book suggestions-maybe SOMEDAY I'll get to read-I'm still on Twilight! Oh well, life with a new baby is SOOO much fun!

Nicole said...

I really enjoyed Wednesday Letters, too. I'll have to look into Edward Sawtelle

Emily said...

I hope you are enjoying the book. Thanks for sending the books with your mom for me. I am about half way done with Lucky One from Nicholas Sparks (the one my sister gave me for Christmas) and then I will start to read the infamous Twilight books:)

Luann said...

Thanks for listing these I was getting ready to search for some new books since I have been reading up a storm since Christmas

The Speed of Dark by Elizabeth Moon is awesome ignore it's genre it does not reflect it at all it reads like non-fiction.

Also read the Last Lecture INSPIRING!!!