Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Recipes Per Your Request:

Some of you have asked for the recipes from my determination to use up flour. Here they are:

Someone asked for the recipe. Some also call it Salt dough? Here are some more professional looking pieces. WE didn't do the cut outs yet, but the girls loved this stuff. I love the smell...Benjy not soooo much!

Baker's Clay Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cup water

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl and knead until smooth. Add food coloring if desired.
Make shapes and bake at 300 degrees until set and golden (1/2 hr to 1 hr). For a more golden appearance, paint with a beaten egg when it is almost done baking and looks dry. You can paint with egg twice or three times for a darker golden color. Don't use the egg on colored dough.

As for the cookies, well I am a little humbled to tell you that I got it off of the back of my chocolate chip bag. Here it is:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:PREHEAT oven to 375° F.COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


ENJOY>>>> Ya' ALL!

3 comments:

Benjy said...

I cant wait get home today to sample those chocolate chip cookies....:)

Love Benjy

Ashton & Co. said...

Your cookies looked great! I read your post before that about what people say about blogging and I also got all that flack when I was blogging so much. Some people. Sorry to hear you had to defend yourself. I think you do a great job blogging- it is so fun to read about you and your family. I feel like I know you SO well now, although I think we've only seen each other 3 times in our lives! :) Keep it up. You are doing a great job! Your family really will appreciate it when they are all grown.

Andie said...

LOL, Remember that episode of Friends where Phoebe has a favorite family recipe for chocolate chip cookies from an ancestor, Nestlay Toolouse? :D