Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good News and Bad News or Bad News and Good News?

We have been without a working dishwasher for a little over a month. I actually love doing dishes by hand and find it relaxing, so I didn't have an issue with waiting for a time when my dad could come up and help install a new one. After looking at Craig's List and shopping on-line we decided to go with one from Appliance Smart. My Mom and Dad came up to help unhook the old one and install the new one. (just a four hour drive away) When they pulled the old one out, my dad said right away, "I know what your problem is..."
We knew we had an electrical problem when Benjy and I both saw flames/sparks fly out the bottom when it broke. Benjy wanted to blog about how he fixed it.....reality is my dad had it fixed within a minute of diagnosing the problem. No extra parts needed!
Bad News....our garbage disposal went out that night.
Good News...My dad already taught Benjy how to put in a new one from when we lived in Bloomington, so Benjy fixed it....well....put in a new one! He also fixed...well....put in a new bathroom fan, too. All in one day, actually in about an hour!
Yay...Benjy (Thanks Dad!)
Good News....Grandpa likes laying on Karsyn's Hannah Montana Bean Bag, watching Hannah Montana with the girls! (So do Benjy and I, we find ourselves laughing so hard at that "dumb show" as Benjy calls it! He loves Jackson and thinks the kid is a riot!)
Bad News... Grandma had to console Kaydree after she was very, very, very sad about not being able to go to Iowa to watch Noah/Nick wrestle and to hang out with Kenna. There is suppose to be an ice/snow storm hitting us today, so we decided not to chance the bad roads again, after our last trip on bad roads.
Good News...Yesterday...Karsyn got her cute little lined crocs that she has always wanted and they were the last pair! More Good News... we took the girls to do something fun last night since we didn't get to go to Iowa.... details on the next post!

8 comments:

Andie said...

Benjy looks pretty darn proud of himself fixing that garbage disposal. LOL, I'm wondering if when our dishwasher got replaced due to an electrical problem, if it could have been fixed with a part instead of a whole new dishwasher!?!?! YAY that your dad was around to make the diagnosis!

shantel said...

I can't believe that you went all that time without a dishwasher, and that you find it relaxing to wash dishes, I guess thats why you guys have such a clean house..... with Benjy's floor obsession and with what you find relaxing it's no wonder ;)

Becki D said...

OMG! When it rains it pours!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

So did you keep the new dishwasher or return it? That's great you could fix it. It's just a pain you'd already gone through the hassle of getting a new one.

Linz said...

Those are some AWESOME grandparents. And I laugh at Hannah Montana too. We need to combine our appliances! (My stove is finally coming Tuesday--whoo hoo!)

Laurel Criddle said...

Hahah I can't believe you like to do dishes! I hate it! I would rather clean the bathroom! Good for you waiting so patiently! Go figure the disposal dies too! Thank goodness your dad knows so much...and Benj of course! I think I'd die without a disposal for any period of time.

Kathy Koch said...

Yes we had our ups and downs and before Benjy has a chance I will tell you that I am the person who put the potato peelings in the garbage disposal and oh oh it is plugged I cried a couple of tears for Kaydree because she was so sad about not being able to come down to Iowa to spend time with her cousins but she has a very important date that she could not miss so there will be other chances to visit Iowa. You would have loved to watch Nick get his silver medal though he was so fun and he is going to beat his next guys too so he can get another medal....

Emily said...

Sorry I haven't checked your bog for a few days.... We missed you in down here and Kenna was disappointed but recovered soon after we told her that we would be coming up to your house for Kaydree's baptism soon. I hopefully will start blogging again soon as well.