Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaydree

WE have already had 2 calls by 7:05 this morning, Grandma and Karen...;-) Kaydree is still sleeping so I will be working on her Birthday post a little later. It was 8 years ago today that Benjy and I became parents. Kaydree's birth started out under some stressful circumstances... After preterm labor starting at 26 weeks, bed rest and 6 trips to the hospital, her kicking me until my water broke, our little breech persistent little bundle of joy came out screaming at 36 weeks, weighing 5 pnds 11 ounces. She then went on to have Breast Milk induced Jaundice...which required numerous trips to have her blood drawn, all of which my mother went in with her, because Benjy was working and I sat and cried and cried and cried, watching them try to draw blood with a needle that was larger than her arm. They would tie one of those rubber bands around her tiny little arm and she would scream...and I felt like I was going to pass out!
It amazes me to this day how quickly you can love your child more than yourself in the instance you find out they are growing within you or that they are going to be your child (I believe in adopting you can have this same joy! another post someday!) Here is a little about her birth...pictures and more to come after our crazy morning settles down.

6 comments:

Emily said...

We hope Kaydree has a great day. We will give her a call later this evening. Mornings are just too hetic for us to make birthday calls. Kenna is so excited to see Kaydree this weekend. The girls have such a sweet relationship. Kaydree is the closest thing to a sister that Kenna will ever have.

shantel said...

Happy Birthday Kaydree!!! I hope you have a FUN day!

Luann said...

I will never forget the day Kaydree entered the world. I still have scares from it LOL!

Give her a big hug and a Happy Birthday from our family to yours!

Luann said...

scars not scares!

Samantha Hussong said...

Happy Birthday Kaydree! Hope you have a great day!

Kathy Koch said...

I remember her Daddy running into our bedroom and very excited telling us your water had broke. We said well then take her to the hospital..
I was disappointed I was not able to get into the delivery room because of that crabby nurse but you guys did just fine..
I shed a few tears as well when they would use that huge needle to draw blood from her little arm but look at her now she weathered it like a trooper..