Friday, February 27, 2009

The Children's Museum

Karsyn's class went on a field trip yesterday despite the big snow storm that was suppose to hit during the day. We use to visit the Children's Museum often when the girls were younger so I knew that this was one of those field trips that I needed to go on. That place is fun, no doubt, yet it is crazy busy on school field trip days. To make matters worse when your child is dressed like 100 other children in the same shirt...it makes it difficult to keep track of them. A bunch of the mothers decided to strategically place ourselves in front of the doors and not let any of the little yellow shirts leave the rooms without a parent.
Kaydree has outgrown these exhibits however Karsyn still loves all of those PBS shows and Clifford is still one of her favorites. She loved sliding down his tail. Karsyn's friend Elizabeth is in the background on Clifford. Karsyn is hanging out with her today! Thanks Jody!
I really liked the craft room, I know surprise because I don't really like crafty things. This room however was much more quiet and it had soothing music playing and it ate up a bunch of time when the girls were getting hungry for lunch.
The water room is usually our favorite place to hang out, however there were a group of older kids there that were throwing water at each other, dunking their faces in it and even drinking it! The germ freak in me was just cringing!
Karsyn had to wash her hands after every station...thank you my little "germ freak" child! I think part of it was that she liked using the tiny little Karsyn sized hand dryer.
I am not sure what kind of look Karsyn was trying to portray here? She loved the face painting. To be able to paint your own face....what fun. She really needed a bath last night!
The ride home took us an hour and a 1/2. Almost double the time that it took for us to get there. The snow was really pretty but what a mess on the roads! I didn't mind so much because one of the moms that I have become friends with just happens to be from Marshall and she just took her girls to Disney World last month. She had amazing tips and ideas. I just love it when I get to make friends while my girls do too!

5 comments:

shantel said...

I was wondering if you guys made it there yesterday!! It looks like she had a blast!!

Kathy Koch said...

Cute face Karsyn

I am glad you got home safe and sound with no accidents on the way home

Luann said...

Hey that looks familiar! The Clifford exhibit my kids just visited at Lied Discovery was traveling from a MN museum. The kids loved it and had such a great time playing in Clifford's world! Looks like Karsyn's group loved it as much as we did!

Serena said...

The museum looks like a lot of fun. Glad you made it home safe.

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun field trip! I'm glad that Karsyn had a good time and that you were able to keep track of her!