Sunday, February 22, 2009

Procrastination Pressures.

We had to call it an early night, last night because I still had a lot to do before church this morning. We were home by 9:00P.M. and yet my list to do looked like it was going to take all night! Benjy stepped up and made the scalloped potatoes and ham for the Linger Longer Potluck after church, I started another load of laundry and put one away and printed my lesson on the Creation. I had looked at the lesson and formulated ideas however why is it that I always procrastinate and wait until the last minute to pull it all together? Sometimes I wonder if I am some crazy woman who thrives on performing under pressure? When I think back to some of my gymnastics, swimming and track meets, I always did so much better in the meets than in practice. I think it was the pressure/stress???? I think that has carried over to my everyday life. I would do the same thing when I was teaching, I would accumulate items for my lesson plans, make copies and pull together materials ahead of time, but I would wait until Sunday night to actually write out my lesson plans. (Remember Amanda?)
I wanted to share this sweet little picture. Right as we were leaving I noticed that Karsyn's previously done hair looked like a rat's nest. I decided to put it into a pony and needed to put clips in her bangs to hold them back. She started crying and having a melt down. It's in moments like this that I think, "What in the World, child?" And of course one minute into our drive out to our friend's house, she crashed. She fought it so hard, doing the head bob and weave, droopy eyes and then she finally surrendered. I just love the look of a crashed out, exhausted little girl. Then I think, "Ah ha..... hence the meltdown 2 minutes earlier!"
Kaydree had just gotten home from a birthday party and I think she was just as exhausted. She has learned how to fight a better fight and stay awake even when she can barely keep her eyes open!
I took a picture of Benjy because I just wanted everyone to feel apart of my picture taking! Benjy did a great job making crepes for 16 people, something that would stress me out but not him, he really enjoys it. I think he has had enough of my failed attmepts that he would rather make them himself and have them turn out? I make the filling and he makes the crepes. He is getting it down to a perfection now! I use to think my sister-in-law, Emily, was so lucky to have a husband who loved to cook and yet I think over our almost ten years of marriage, Benjy has transformed into this same type of husband and I am ever sooooo grateful!
Benjy's specialties: crepes, omelets, ribs, cream cheese bars, Pico de Gallo, egg rolls/cream cheese won tons, and Denver style hamburgers.

6 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

The girls look so sweet I hope Kaydree had a good time at her birthday party..
You forgot to mention Benjy's other specialty Apple Crisp It always amazes me that Spencer Benjy and Steve Jr all love to cook and I love it when they are right there in the kitchen with us when we all get together

Linda said...

You are one amazing woman! The scalloped potatoes were great. Sundays can be a little overwhelming sometimes. We sure appreciate all your family does in the ward. Your girls are just so cute!! (they take after their mom!) Have a happy day!

Serena said...

Benjy is a great cook. The potatoes were awesome! Clint make crepes for us after our Sunday nap. It is so nice when husbands want to cook!!

Luann said...

I love a cooking husband, give my hubby a BBQ or eggs and he is awsome! WHat lesson plans are not supposed to be done the night before?

shantel said...

The crepes were awesome!! Thanks to both of you for your hard work!!


You know Hannah's crepe that I wouldn't let you throw away?? I ate it this morning for breakfast!!

Sarah said...

I am the exact same way. I always read my lesson ahead of time and come up with all of my ideas, but I then wait until Saturday night to pull it all together and get everything ready. When will I ever learn? Probably never since I agree that I perform better under pressure!

Cute pics of the kids!