Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just When You Think..

your life is uneventful....you get thrown a curve ball! Yesterday I blogged about our "not much is Happening," life. Funny how fast that can change.
Benjy got home early from court and the phone rang as I was finishing up a bath/shower. I came out to hear Benjy very strongly, slightly yelling at Kaydree's teacher on the phone. This is along the lines of what I heard him saying, "NO...Ms. ____ (privacy reasons) this is your problem. You lost her, you call the bus depot and have them stop the bus and see if she is on it! I will wait while YOU, do that! You can get ahold of them a lot faster then I can and we are not going to wait 20 minutes just to see if she is on the bus!"
Kaydree went to lost and found right at the end of the day, which is right by the school's front doors. While she was looking for a lost glove her bus came and all the students got on. The librarian was helping Kaydree and told her to just get on. Kaydree's teacher didn't see her come back to the room so she sent another teacher out to her bus to make sure she was on it. I guess the teacher asked for a Katie Wisconsin or something similiar, which Kaydree said didn't sound anything like her name, so she didn't answer. The teacher went back in as the bus left the school and said, "Kaydree isn't on the bus." So her teacher called and said, "Kaydree wasn't on the bus and we can't find her, here at the school. Can you call us back and let us know if she got off the bus?"
Well it takes Kaydree's bus anywhere from 20-30 minutes to get home, so Benjy and I both were thinking...if she isn't on the bus we aren't going to wait 20-30 minutes to see. Needless to say after some strong persuasion, they got a hold of the bus driver and he asked if there was a Kaydree on his bus and she stood up.
When Kaydree got home we couldn't decide if we wanted to punish her or hug her. (Kaydree takes after her mother.... I already made two trips to the school this week for a forgotten check for a yearbook and a forgotten lunch on my backseat!) She has lost two jean jackets, 3 pairs of mittens and a couple single mittens! I tell you what.... that child sometimes gets the best of my one little nerve left and knows how to push my buttons. Well...maybe my buttons do get pushed a lot easier by her because we are so much alike. I see the things developing in her that I don't like about myself! So I try to over correct those issues in my daughter so that she isn't 33 and still losing anything that isn't attached!
To make the already strained tension worse...this morning she left pouting and all mad at Benjy and I for debating on cancelling our weekend at the water park/hotel in Iowa. Karsyn has a runny nose and is showing signs of her reoccurring croup. So how much fun would it be for Karsyn to have to sit and watch all of her cousins swimming? Chlorine is not the best for her throat, breathing and croup! Why didn't someone tell me there would be moments like this...

Oh..and by the way...everyone that posted a comment yesterday is going to get something handmade by me, sometime in the next year because you all hit everything on my list, well except Andrea! ;-) She did my what I would not want to be doing list...and gave me a great laugh, (you know me well!) The rest of you shocked the shorts off of me by how accurate you all were! Love ya all and thanks for making my day! I can't guarantee my homemade gift will make your day, but I will try!

14 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

I am so glad there was just a mix up on the bus situation because how scary is that to think they cannot find your daughter reminds of the time when Noah was lost on the buses in west union and what a scary time that was.
I hope Karsyn is feeling better and I guess we do have to make a decision pretty soon but there will other weekends and her getting better is all that matters.

Samantha Hussong said...

We just had this happen with a friends kid at the beginning of school. What a scary feeling! Did Kaydree know she was missing when she got home?

Kristen said...

No..Kaydree was completely oblivious! She got off the bus skipping, walked across the yard focused on not sinking into the snow... kind of funny now, but not at the time!

The Seaman Family said...

That is so scary. Good thing Benjy put his foot down. I would have been freaking as I am sure you both were. Glad it all worked out and that she got home safe and sound! Hope Karsyn feels better soon. What a bummer!

Audrey said...

I'm feeling very guilty about somthing after reading this!! We need to talk today:(

Serena said...

I am so sorry to hear that Ms._____ lost Kaydree. It can be so scary not knowing where your child is. I bet you were glad that Benjy was home to get the call. Glad to hear that she made it home safely!!

Nicole said...

Glad you have all your kids accounted for. Hopefully Karsyn feels better soon. Good luck with the homemade gifts for everyone. It should be fun.

Janice Anderson said...

Having a child missing is the worst feeling in the world. I don't remember everything about raising our kids, but I remember that feeling! Hugging is the BEST when they are found. Hope Karsyn is better in time for the pool date.

Brenda said...

I know exactly that feeling of wanting to correct all the shortcomings in yourself in your kids. Looking back on it, I think I freaked out too much about lost things. Not kids themselves! I mean stuff that can be replaced. Now my kids have real worry and loss too far the other direction when they lose something. Now I wish they would lighten up a bit--not really a big deal sometimes. Ah I wish striking a balance was easier to do:)Oh well, moving on. .

Andie said...

Rolling my eyes at that stupid school....who does that, calling a parent and causing them to panic, but then being unwilling to do anything about it? Typical.....but I'm glad she got home safely.

PS I found a mitten in my car yesterday. I think it's Karsyn's, but now I'm laughing and wondering if it's Kaydree's missing mitten that started the whole school bus fiasco in the first place?!?

Ashton & Co. said...

I don't think there is anything scarier than to think your child could be missing! Glad it all worked out. SO much for life EVER being dull! It never is when kids are involved! I,too, wish we lived closer!:)

Tammy said...

Kris, I feel your pain in thinking that your child is lost....last summer we couldn't find mason for a good 15-20 minutes and we were at home....we kept thinking someone had come by and taken him...turns out he was hiding in the porch because he thought he was in trouble because Dawson was crying!!!

shantel said...

I would have FREAKED out!! That has to be one of the worst feelings in the world is to have your child missing, if even its for a minute. I'm glad that it all worked out in the end though! Sorry you guys aren't able to make your weekend get away. :(

Linz said...

This happened to another friend of mine this week, too! FREAKY! You guys handled it well.