Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Birthday Surprise.

After school yesterday Kaydree had piano. During her piano lesson I was able to be given a lesson from my Visiting Teachers. Afterward we decided to skip getting Kaydree a hair cut so that we could quick come home and eat with Benjy and then leave to go roller skating. Benjy had a Church meeting so we decided to go skating with some friends. While I was getting supper ready, Kaydree was looking out the windows for her dad.
All of the sudden she started hyperventilating and jumping up and down. I asked her, "What are you doing?" She responded, "Someone is here, someone is here, you will never believe it." Well I was in a hurry to eat and get out the door so I said, "Who is here....tell me!" She said that she couldn't tell me, I would have to find out. I was less than thrilled with her, so I went to open the door and my parents were standing there.
They live 4 hours away and we had no idea they were coming up for my dad's birthday. They met some friends for lunch and decided they were already half way to the cities, so why not come up and have Birthday Dinner together.
Benjy and I got on the phone and were able to cancel or reschedule our plans...It was a little crazy for a couple minutes of panic to stop everyone else in route to the meeting and skating!
We are suppose to see them this weekend, so it was a huge surprise. My parents were here for 15 hours and we had a lot of fun with them, but it was a quick trip. They said it was worth it, just to see Kaydree's eyes pop out when she saw them by accident walking up the sidewalk!
Kaydree upset again because she wanted to skip school for the next 2 days and go home with Grandpa and Grandma.
Of course we told her, "No." Poor thing. I had her hopes up that her, Karsyn and myself would go home with them but the better side of me decided we had too many committments to get out of and that we would have to wait 48 hours to see them again.
She was pretty happy by the time she left for school because she was wearing her new sweatshirt and her favorite toe socks.

She just looked so darn cute this morning! Thanks for coming up Mom and Dad! It was really fun! Kaydree says, "See you in 48 hours!"

12 comments:

Audrey said...

I say it was a perfectly good reason to bail on the skating:)

Serena said...

Poor Kaydree. I would have just taken her out of school the next couple of days. I am glad you got to spend some time with your parents! I hope your dad had a happy birthday!!

Kathy Koch said...

Surprise Surprise We enjoyed surprising you guys Sorry we goofed up so many of your plans but selfishly we enjoyed sharing Dad's birthday with you guys.
We were full of surprised on the way home we stopped off in Springfield and surprised your cousin Stacy and had a nice brief visit with her

Laurel Criddle said...

Awwwww how fun! I would be totally stoked if my parents showed up at our door in Seattle! What a fun surprise!

The Seaman Family said...

How awesome is that and sweet! you're parents are so great and they are always thinking of you guys! Glad you guys got to spend the night with your dad on his birthday!!

Andie said...

You are surely blessed to have such thoughtful, loving parents.

Linz said...

I heart surprises. That is awesome!

shantel said...

That was so sweet of your parents!! I'm sure you all had a great visit.

Chris said...

What a great surprise and so fun too. Enjoy your weekend with them as well.

Linda said...

How fun! That's what family is all about! Yours is terrific!

Ashton & Co. said...

What a fun surprise! It looks like you guys are so close to your parents. How lucky for them and you! You can see the disapointment on Kaydree's face. Poor thing. What happened to the good ole days when they were too little to go to school and they just had to be home all day? Time goes too fast!

Danny and Shalayne said...

So fun...I love surprises! The girls are getting so big! I can't believe it!!! Give everyone loves from us!