Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Night Of Roller Skating.

I had a very bad day yesterday. It started out with my yearly OB. exam and the confirmation of a lump in my left bosom. (fibrous cyst...Dr. is not worried about it but it does hurt!) Without going into needless detail, let's just say I wanted to go to bed early and call it a day. Benjy had a Church Meeting and last week our skating adventure got cancelled. I really didn't want to venture out last night but decided to go have some fun so that my day could end on a positive note! We decided to go around 5 P.M. and roped Serena and Taylor into going with us.
Kaydree and Karsyn both had to get bigger sizes of skates, my jeans were so tight (I had to look official at the rink you know!) it was hard bending over to tie these beautiful well worn out, ripped skates. I just love those hip hugging jeans that show way too much bum when you are bending over! It took me and extra 3-5 minutes because I was constantly pulling the back of my jeans up and the bottom of my shirt down!
Serena gave up waiting for me to get my skates on and jumped in to help Karsyn. Serena and I felt very very out of place. Why did the roller skating rink seem so much more cool, clean and fun when I was younger? I hadn't been on roller skates for 15 maybe 20 years. I think the Koch family went once in Marshall when I was in college?
I feel kind of bad now, because I was getting a little frustrated with Karsyn. Serena and I were both holding her hands but her skates kept going all crazy and knocking into ours and we all just about went down numerous times. She would just flail her little skates out and expect us to half carry her. At one point I thought, "Maybe after the day I had, today maybe wasn't the best day for me to try to be patient with Karsyn? :-(
Kaydree was sooooo much fun to watch. She looked like a baby giraffe learning how to walk on wheels. She did really well. She kept falling down and she would just pop back up again, smiling. She did take one really hard fall, limped off to the side, took a minute break and started out full speed ahead again.
Taylor had some mad skating skills! Here she is just about to fall. I think it is a funny picture. I wish it wasn't so blurry.
I have to say they played some great music! We have to bring Benjy back with us because he would get a chuckle out of some the interesting people at the skating rink, then again...WE WERE THERE TOO!

10 comments:

Andie said...

Dang, thanks for the middle school flashback! ;-) Remember back in the day when the roller rink was THE coolest place to spend your Saturdays?

Looks like so much fun!

The "Serene" Life said...

I'm so jealous! I loved going to "THE KEY" to rollerskate....brings back fond memories for me. If Benji won't go take me!!!! please?????

ps....glad the lump is nothing to worry about. you made me nervous.

Audrey said...

"She looked like a baby giraffe learning how to walk on wheels.".

Really Kris????? :)

Kathy Koch said...

Looks like you had alot of fun in spite of your frustrations.

You know going skating was really cool back in my day and we used to drive to Balaton on Sunday afternoon just to skate the music was always good

I am glad the lump turned out okay and sounds like your chloesterol was great.. Good Job

shantel said...

I'm sad that we missed it last night :( I think I definetly will have to be taking the girls sometime soon.....Hopefully they can wait a couple of weeks!!

Becki D said...

Were you at Cheap Skate in CR? Haha....that was my junior high skate hangout. Oh the memories...it looks like the same skates!

Luann said...

Thank you for taking me back to Crystal Palace Skating Center "The Skate of the Art"

Sounds like you are proving Max's theory that everytime he goes to the doctor he will be poked with a needle.

Samantha Hussong said...

Oh Yes, The Key, shag carpet on the walls but boy were we cool going roller skating. I love that they still have the same old skates. I'm glad to hear that everything is okay with you.

The Seaman Family said...

Were you at Cheap Skate??? IF so I have had many a birthday's there and have skated a ton! Looks like fun though. Glad all is fine with your appt. Glad your day ended better!

Clint said...

Why are you wearing a gangster hat??