Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remember All of this? The Winner is...

All of this (25 items) for $19.82
The winner is Serena with her bid being... $23.17 Choose your scent!
I had a total savings of $110.68

A little background on how to do this... must use coupons. Then Target does promotions where if you buy 4 of a product or 3 of a product you get a $5 gift card. So with the glade coupons there were some buy one get one free and also they were on sale. Then there was the automatic spray thing, Regularly $11.99 on sale for $5.99 and right on the box there was a $4.00 instantly off coupon. So we got them for $1.99.

Right now the Pledge promotion is still going on. Buy 3 get a $5.00 gift card. On line there were $2-3 off coupons off each pledge item, (probably still is) so you basically get them free or all three for a dollar or two depending on which pledge product you buy.

Crazy.. so watch the target promotions if you are near one and start cutting, organizing and using your coupons! ;-)

The Halloween stuff was 90% off. So the costumes were 99 cents and my work out shirt was 50 cents.

Was it worth it? Benjy doesn't think so...but then again... he isn't the one shopping for a bargain! ;-)

15 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

I think it is a wonderful idea to hunt for the best bargain but you have to be pretty savvy to get all these good deals. I was confused just reading all the info but good for you guys and remember I do use the pledge.....
Thanks for the hints and I wish I could use more of them down here but the closest Target for us is 90 miles away There are definitely benefits to living in the big city....

Nicole said...

That's quite a deal on all that stuff

Andie said...

Oh, those men just don't understand what we go through to spend and save their hard-earned money! ;-)

Serena said...

Yeah! I am so excited!!

Samantha Hussong said...

It's great that you got such a great deal. The last time I tried to do this kind of bargain shopping the target lady told me some of my coupons weren't good or I could only use one which is BS but that kind of turned my off from the target in Hutchinson. I know some people have called in to headquarters to complain about the customer service at the one in Hutch when someone comes to the till with all of these coupons. I actually got Glenn to go grocery shopping last weekend with me and we had to buy snow boots but the bill was $200 and his eyes just about fell out of his head when he seen the bill. His comment was "and we didn't even get meat" I think he understands why i cut coupons now. Do you have a nice coupon binder? I love my system, I use a binder and baseball card holders and it works great.

shantel said...

Like Serena said, I think I need to go shopping with u!!!

Kristen said...

I don't normally save this kind of money, but JoDell and Judy regularly find these deals...so you need to go shopping with them! They just told me about the Cub cereal deal... buy 10 general mills get 15 dollars towards next purchase and I believe a gallon of milk and then they also have coupons for the cereal!

Andie said...

Judy and JoDell should start a blog! They can post once a week when they scour the ads and tell us all where the hot spots of the week are!

Crystal said...

I'm right there with you! I love to get a good bargain and I have a very hard time buying something that's not on sale.

Clint said...

It does kinda look like $19.00 of stuff you don't use much. I kinds agree with Benjy..... :)

Hermana Whitehead said...

You are a girl after me own heart!

Sarah said...

Wow- that is awesome! It seems like everyone's blogs lately are talking about coupons and saving money. I need to jump on the bandwagon- we could definitely use saving a little money right now. Thanks for the tips.

Shadeslayer375 said...

Found you!! they're so cute!! you gotta see us more often and the same for us!! they're growing up to fast Sis. Villarreal!

-Ben Johnson

Unknown said...

Kristen, that sounds like a great idea to use coupons. For me, its hard because Target is so far away. I'll have to start saving my coupons.

Love,
Delia

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

That's an awesome deal! That's great you're doing so well with coupons. I kind of loose interest at times. I just can't seem to keep up with the coupons and the kids. I guess I need better time management skills or a better coupon organizer. Great job!