Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Cookies With Audrey

The other day when I was still in my Funk... which I am feeling out of now... thank goodness! ugh...Audrey called and asked if she could come make some Sugar Cookies with us. I told her she was taking a risk baking cookies with me...but she decided to take the plunge!
My poor girls are so deprived when it comes to making cookie cut outs. The process is overwhelming to me. Thanks to Debbie Lou and Andrea last year and Audrey this year...my girls get to enjoy this experience!
Kaydree kept trying to stake a claim on one of the heart cookies while Audrey was making the frosting, so she told Audrey, "I am going to touch it, so that way it has to be mine!" Huh?!?
Audrey brought cookie dough and a great frosting recipe with Karo syrup. The frosting has a glossy tint to it and it tastes soooooo yummy!
At this point I was trying to explain my cookie anxiety, however I feel like I may, might, maybe have started to get this cookie thing down, thanks to some friends and family helping me out on this one! (lovely picture, I can't believe I am putting it on the internet for everyone to see!)
Before pictures
The frosting and decorating crew. We told Kaydree to go and change out of her shirt and so she came out looking like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy, "Big Girl....Little Shirt." She took one of Karsyn's shirts and it was tiny and very funny looking on her!
You gotta love how 4 year olds decorate...lots and lots of sprinkles and frosting.
Benjy made this kind of angry, winking at you type of snowman...with a tie? He sent it home for Tyler (Audrey's husband) and I am sure Tyler was very thankful for it?!? ;-)
Of course... can you guess who decorated these cookies? Me? uh huh, right! Audrey makes it look so easy and so pretty. I would almost hate to eat them, too bad they taste so good!

9 comments:

Serena said...

Looks like alot of fun. Sugar cookies are my favorite! I think you are really getting the whole cookie thing down. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Luann said...

Yummmm I want to come play! so what is that luscious recipe? I love making sugar cookies but hate buying store made frosting.

Andie said...

Love the snowman! Ryan may want to challenge Benjy to a cookie making contest---Ryan is famous for making rat shaped cookies every year at Christmas time.

shantel said...

I love making sugar cookies!!! Looks like Audrey has a pretty good recipe.

Audrey said...

Ha! Our fun has been documented! I ate them for breakfast too so don't feel too bad:) Ty did appreciate the cranky snowman but demands to know why Benjy felt it was a proper representation of him!

The Seaman Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun! It's always fun making cookies and decorating them!! Yummy Yummy!!

Laurel Criddle said...

How fun! I like to make cookies like that when I feel ready for a half of a day project! Sometimes I just crave them though! They tunred out cute! I can't wait unti Ryry is old enough to 'help' me make cookies. As of now he is still scared of my kitchenaid. Looked like you had a fun family activity!

Danny and Shalayne said...

You are such a fun mom, I love it! All the activities you do with your children are so amazing and I really hope I can be like you! I can't wait to make cookies with Ada...I think we'll start the tradition of gingerbread cookies this year even though she will most likely sleep through it :) I guess it will be more for me!

Kathy Koch said...

Cut out sugar cookies have never been my cup of tea to make for some reason mine never look this good
I am glad you are getting it down and you can share your talent with me.
I sure love to eat them though I don't have any trouble in that department