Friday, November 14, 2008

Is There Anything Wrong with...

brownies for breakfast? We made the best brownies last night. They were so good. I am working today at Champlin High School, so Benjy got the girls up and ready. I asked him what did Karsyn eat for breakfast. He said, "Brownies, that is what she wanted." As I was about to say something I asked, "What did Kaydree have for breakfast?" He again responded, "Brownies, that is what she wanted too.." I was about to suggest that this is not the healthiest breakfast to hold them off until lunch, when I remembered our previous conversation about the cookies they had one time when I was gone, for breakfast. Benjy's response that time was, "Well they have eggs and flour and stuff in them and how are they any different then pop tarts?" He got me there!
But, then again, guess what I had for breakfast this morning while the rest of my family was still sleeping?????? ;-0
I love chocolate and they were soooo good and they had 3 eggs in them!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of those brownies make them look SOOOO tempting! YUM!

stephanie said...

well there ya go! You got ur eggs in for the day then :) Can't wait for U to have me over for breakfast sometime..I've been craving brownies!

Laurel Criddle said...

Hahah Thats funny! I always eat desserts for breakfast and I don't feel half bad for it! Brownies for breakfast Mmmmmmmm. Cinnamon rolls are a good breakfast too! :)

Nicole said...

It's true they probably aren't any better than pop-tarts so I guess there's not much of an argument. I'm sure the girls loved it.

Kathy Koch said...

The picture of the brownies looks really good.
Tomorrow morning I guess I can have one of my carmel rice krispie bars
They have the cereal right in them what a good idea....

stephanie said...

Wait!Did ur mom say caramel rice crispy bars?! That sounds soooo good...please have her post the recipe for me..seriously

Serena said...

I can't think of anything better for breakfast beside brownies. But I would like to try your mom's carmel rice krispie bars for breakfast. That sounds good.

The Seaman Family said...

I am right there with you! I would eat them everyday for breakfest! Hey at least they ate something, right?

Andie said...

I gotta say I agree with the nutritional value of brownies not being any better or worse than a lot of breakfast fare marketed to children. So why not? Besides, that's what dads are for! :D

Heathertime said...

Was this a box recipe or baked from scratch? I never make good brownies. I am always up for help...

Luann said...

Bring on the brownies really they are probably better then a donut.

shantel said...

I love love love brownies for breakfast!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

Oh heavens no! There is nothing wrong with brownies for breakfast! I love chocolate chip cookies for breakfast....yummmm!

Brenda said...

Add a scoop of ice cream. He he! Dairy, you know!

The Seaman Family said...

Where's the leaf that you stole from my hard?? I am waiting to see it:)!!!

Janice Anderson said...

If you don't have leftover cold pizza, brownies make a pretty good second choice for breakfast. I wish more people would realize the nutritionally superior ratio of EGGS in brownies. Eggs are a standard breakfast item. And toast-another breakfast staple-is mainly flour, just like brownies. And chocolate is always effective at keeping your intestines working correctly. Can Pop-Tarts say as much? No. Benjy is correct. And tell your handsome lawyer husband I saw him on TV Tuesday several times during the judge shows. It was the first time I stayed glued to the TV during commercials; I had to view it several times to catch that first shot of him at the very beginning. Way to go!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

They look delicious! Who of any of us wouldn't have to admit we've done the same?