Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Desperate to go to School...

Do you know why Kaydree would be wanting...


She went to bed with a stomach ache, so I spread out blankets all over the floor, just in case! I am a believer that it is easier to wash blankets then it is to scrub chunks up off of carpet! An hour after she went to bed I woke up to the sound of a waterfall sound with chunks hitting the floor. I said to Benjy, "She is throwing up and she didn't make it to the trash can!" As I was folding up the blankets to throw them in the washing machine, Benjy sprayed the house down with Lysol and Kaydree took a shower. She went on to throw up again around 1 A. M. and started running a fever.
She woke up at 7 this morning hopping around telling me, "I'm good, I'm good to go to school."
History: I volunteer in Kaydree's classroom on Wednesdays and last week her teacher asked me to sub in there this Wednesday for the whole day and get paid! However... due to Rainbow having their double coupon days and Wednesday being MY FUN DAY WITH Karsyn AND...Double Coupon Day...Rock on... I told her it wouldn't work for the whole day.
So Kaydree was determined to get to school for a different substitute teacher!
I said, "Kaydree, you can't go to school and take the chance of throwing up in front of your friends or passing it on to them."
She said, "It's all good, I won't eat breakfast and lunch and if I throw up, I'll make it to the trash can and then all the other kids get to go outside."
I was telling Andrea this story and her perspective: Kaydree would get to be the hero for the day... getting everyone else out of class~~~~~~!
Now you know why Kaydree was so desperate to go to school.... AND NO I DIDN'T SEND HER! Maybe it was a Mother's intuition on why I turned her teacher down last week to sub today?????
QUESTION IS..... WHO WILL BE NEXT?????

9 comments:

stephanie said...

Oh girl! Both the girls were just sick so I know that disguisting sound all too well...but Ali was sleeping on my floor when I heard that sound1 Then she stood up at my side of the bed and did it again..on my arm :) Good Times!! I was doing laundry for days..as I'm sure you are too. Did Karsyn get it too? Hope you all are able to steer clear of getting it too...Airborne here U come :)

Serena said...

I only wish Tayler loved school as much as Kaydree does. I hope Kaydree get feeling better and the rest of you stay well!

Emily said...

I hope she feels better soon - and you all be better by Thanksgiving. I wouldn't want Spencer to relive his and your turkey day nightmare. We've heard that story a few times now:)

Andie said...

Oh, Kaydree, I'm so sorry you have such a mean mom who makes you stay home from school when you threw up mere hours before! You could have been the one to gift your class with a whole extra recess! Bummer...

Kathy Koch said...

I hope Kaydree is feeling great today but I agreed with you that it was taking a chance sending her to school even if she could have been the hero for everyone getting an extra recess..I still laugh about that Thanksgiving which I think was about 1994 which both Spencer and Kris still relive to this day it is alot funnier now than that day and definitely memorable...

The "Serene" Life said...

Hilarious.....I was home with Addisyn yesterday as she was puking. I did the blanket trick as I always do....works perfect!

shantel said...

I'm sure there are a lot of grateful parents that are glad you kept Kaydree home.....If only all parents were as considerate!! Hope your feeling better Kaydree.

Sarah said...

I hate the flu! I hope that Kaydree is feeling better soon. I'm sure she'll be back to school in no time!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

Sorry you've had that going on at your house. No Fun! That's a great idea about the blankets. I'd never thought about doing that!