Saturday, November 29, 2008

Girl Bonding...

Every year we go out on Black Friday to find all the deals for Christmas. We usually get up around 5am and would go to Marshall. The problem is....Marshall really only has Shopko, WalMart and Kmart. So this year we decided to drive and an hour and half to Sioux Falls to hit the Mall, Target, Best Buy and Kohls. All of which are 5 minutes from my house up in the cities! ;-)
I thought we all did pretty well for getting up at 3:30A.M. and out the door by 4am. In fact we were getting calls from cousins and friends by 4:30A.M.! I have almost all of my shopping done. I just have a couple of odds and ends to wrap up! We got back around 6P.M. and Spencer had Turkey Dumpling Soup and an awesome Taco Soup waiting for us! Most of the kids were still in their pajamas but they had a blast with the dads and Grandpa while we got to do some girl bonding! We ate at an amazing restaurant, Granite City Grill, for lunch (thanks again, Mom) and made some time for girl talk in between the mad dash of getting the great deals! Although I was begging everyone to let me go to bed by 7P.M., I made it until 9P.M. and this has become one of my favorite days of the year!

7 comments:

Andie said...

Glad to hear you guys weren't among those getting trampled to death at Wal-Mart! ;-) I can't believe you shopped for that long-I would have dropped from exhaustion!

Did you cut your hair again? It looks cute.

shantel said...

Wow, I'm impressed I got up at three and went shopping then had to go clean my Friday house, by the time I got home I was wiped out... luckly the Welkers fed us dinner so I pretty much just chilled out from there!!

The Seaman Family said...

Glad you guys had such a great time! I am still amazed that you were out that long! I only made it till 10 and I was exhausted. But it's always so much fun having bonding time. Yeah for all the great deals, hopefully Santa will bring you what you want??

Schreurs said...

What a cute photo of all of you.. I was looking for you yesterday morning as it seems to be a tradition to run into you and your family.. Glad to hear you got your shopping almost complete!

Luann said...

Love the cute hats! We were out shopping also this year it was not so much about the deals as the girl time.

Samantha Hussong said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great time. I heard you stopped at WalMart in Worthington - wow that was a crazy store. I seen a fight over a TV.

Serena said...

Looks like alot of fun! Glad you had the time to bond and enjoy one anothers company.!