Monday, November 24, 2008

Emotions?

When I was in College I had this poster or one similar to it hanging on my wall and I would look at the different moods and get a chuckle. I love that we can feel so many different emotions and it can vary from day to day and from experience to experience.

What I like is that these little emot-i-cons is that they remind me of little balls. When I am down, I don't like to be there for very long so I try to bounce out of it very quickly. I am grateful that I have learned over the years to find and do the things that bring me peace and happiness. I am so thankful for those (nouns) people, places and things and also for those (verbs) actions such as, praying, working out, taking baths and naps ;-) that make me who I am!


The Last two days I have been kind of in a Funk...I really don't know to explain it other than I feel very introspective?! I feel peaceful, yet tired, yet kind of exhausted, yet peaceful (again), happy and calm. As Christmas approaches I find a desire to just slow down as my life tries to speed up on me! I absolutely love the peacefulness that comes with this time of year. Does that make any sense to anyone?
This is one of my favorite books that teaches us that it is Okay and normal to feel different emotions...
You can see that our copy is very used and cherished!

Here are some of my favorite pages. I feel like a bear in hibernation on my Sunday naps!

(And on days I crave chocolate...;-) you're right Andie)

I think of the gray days when it is raining or snowing...

Most days I feel like this busy buzzy bee!

In the mornings when we are running late and Kaydree is about to miss the bus... I feel like I am having a black day and during P.M.S. time. Sorry, but it's true, but I am constantly working on it, in order to have less of these types of days or even moments!
When Benjy is working and the girls are at school I have purple moments...I'm sad, I groan, I drag my tail...I walk alone.

(some people asked me yesterday if I was sad?, nope..just cool and quiet.)

A mixed up day...when everything goes a muck...
What I love most about this book is the ending page...it all turns out all right, you see and I go back to being ME!
Benjy just informed me that he almost threw this book away on his Saturday cleaning ritual, can you believe that? We got this book when Kaydree was a baby!

6 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

I have seen this book at your home and what a nice way to express our emotions and try to explain that all these feelings go with life. I too find this a peaceful time of year oh I know it gets hectic but I still enjoy all the moments we share as family and friends. What is the color for excited because that is what I will be this weekend starting today......

Andie said...

Huh, I woulda thought brown was for those "I need chocolate. Immediately." days!

shantel said...

I must be having a little bit of a black and gray day!! My poor family. I finally finished the HOST I loved it!!!!

stephanie said...

I remember that poster on your wall in Hawthorn Hall!! :) I've been feeling the same way the past couple of days..I thought I was crazy:) Good to know I'm not alone...I luv ya girl. If you ever need to talk my home number is 623-249-7075..I don't have my cell phone anymore. Have a great day..I think that should be a yellow day for bright and cheery :)

The Seaman Family said...

That is a great book! I have never seen it before I may need to go and pick us up a copy of that! But I love the different ways one can express themselves and how different things can hit it right on the nose! Thanks for sharing all your thoughts! And I had to chuckle that Benjy almost threw it out!!

Becki D said...

I remember that poster and I also love that book. Anna and I will definetly be pulling it out tomorrow.