Monday, November 10, 2008

Coupon Secrets

I have to disclose some information that allows me to save the money that I do.

Fact #1: I live within 15 miles of 5 Targets. One of them being known as the CLEARANCE Target. The Andover Target usually clearances things first and has a lot of 75% off clearance racks at any given time.

Fact #2: I have 4 major grocery stores within 8 miles of my house that I can watch the ad's each week and go and find the best deals.
Fact #3: Rainbow does double coupon day every Wednesday. Granted only 5, however I make sure they are always a dollar and that the item is already on a great sale.
Have to #1: Get the Sunday paper and cut all of the coupons.
Need to#1: Organize them in a binder with protective sheet covers and alphabetize them. (Andrea's idea and it works great!)

Need to#2: Ask your friends, "Hey where are you shopping this week? Did you see any great deals I may have missed?" Andrea and JoDell are my deal seekers. If I miss something, they are usually right there on it!

Need to#3: Surf the web. I am amazed at all of the coupons out there: just google the coupons that you are looking for. Two of my most used sites:
Caution#1: Be careful not to buy stuff you don't USE...notice I didn't say NEED. If you buy it when it is on sale and you USE it or will USE it....great. What has happened numerous times is that if I have it in my Food Storage, I very rarely buy anything full price.
Now you are about to see my very first "learn how to really do the coupon deals" taught to me by JoDell.

Yes...I bought a lot of smelly stuff, with the Holidays coming up and teacher gifts and visiting teaching little gifts, it is stuff I will use.
Game#1: The person to guess what I paid for all of this stuff to the closest penny, will recieve a little glade candle from me! (Sorry JoDell you know too much...you don't get to guess! ;-) Besides, you already have enough smelly stuff too!LOL
I was completely out of dusting items.

Each Scented Oil Candle was on sale for $5.59 Refills: on sale for $2.50 Glade wisp, battery opperated, flamless candles. On sale for $5.99 and refills on sale $2.50 6 Glade little candles in glass votive: on sale 2 for $5.oo Little thing that goes off every so often you see them in restrooms: reg $11.99 on sale for $5.99

Nice little Halloween shrit I will use as work out shirt for me. Charlee's costume for next year. Costumes for Kaydree and Karsyn's Webkinz. They are so into dressing them up! I can't wait to tell you tomorrow what it all came to. A little hint: It is under $75. Just how much? Find out tomorrow!

23 comments:

Audrey said...

$71.46!!

Brenda said...

$69.27!

Andie said...

$63.12

The Miller Family said...

Lol. The suspense is killing me!

I say $67.43!

Kristen said...

Ok... lower than $50... yeah I know..You can re-bid your guess. If you already guessed!

stephanie said...

$49.99..Bob! I've always wanted to be on the price is right! LOL

The "Serene" Life said...

SOOOOOhhhhh......How fun!!! Ummmm......guessing $47.18! C'mon smelly stuff!!

shantel said...

$42.50!

Heathertime said...

44.76

Kristen said...

Once again, I will give another hint... under $40. I know crazy, crazy, crazy... you may re-bid if you already did...Oh I am so excited!

Audrey said...

This had better be the last time you lower it!!!

$37.44

The "Serene" Life said...

2nd Guess for me.....$36.22

Serena said...

$34.95

Kristen said...

Audrey you make me laugh...ok, ok, ok, I promise this is the last time I will lower it... under $30! That's right, under $30...for all that. What do you think now?

Kathy Koch said...

I wish I could get in on this guessing game but I would be cheating if I did.

Benjy said...

HERE IS MY GUESS...TOOOOOO MUCH!

LOVE BENJY

Korbi said...

$43.87

Korbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Korbi said...

$27.42

Serena said...

23.17

Serena said...

I think I need to shop with you!!

The Seaman Family said...

This so unfair. I would love to guess too. I am right there with you Kathy, I'd be cheating.

Chris said...

Wow! I'm impressed. $27.63. How lucky you are. We have 1 Target, 1 Walmart, and 2 grocery stores in our town. So selection is always limited. Here's a question...do you go shopping the day after Thanksgiving?