Friday, November 21, 2008

The Best Time of The Year.

This movie was made in 1964 and yet it is still one of our favorites. As a child, I didn't realize how mean even Santa was in the beginning of this film. Wow...
Ahhh.... I love all of the Charlie Brown cartoons.

When Kaydree stayed home sick on Wednesday, we plugged in the Christmas Tree, piled up the blankets and pillows and watched some of our Favorite Christmas Movies. While searching for the Grinch, we came across the Book and Movie, The Best Christmas Pagent Ever. I loved reading this as a child and now Kaydree and I have started reading it together to Karsyn. Benjy has agreed to listen but he wouldn't read from it... party pooper! So tonight for Family Fun Night we are all going to put on our pajama's and curl up by the Christmas Tree and watch it! I am so excited.The Grinch is still one of my favorites too. Just the animated one though! Poor little Max. Karsyn loves for me to read this book to her. I love being able to compare these awesome books to the movies.

And for all of you Twilight fans.... today is the day! We aren't going until tomorrow since last night we had our DATE NIGHT at Red Robin and then we went to the TEMPLE.
(Thank you Judy for watching our girls)
I love these date nights...dinner and the temple.
We come home feeling so refreshed! Date nights really do help you feel closer as a couple and going to the temple always increases my desire beyond measure to want to be together forever! Even when I think it isn't possible to feel loved anymore then I already do... going to the temple increases my ability to love and feel loved. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father and for his temple and the agency he has given me to be able to make and keep sacred covenants.

7 comments:

Audrey said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Its not even thanksgiving yet!!!! You can't do this! I'm sending the Christmas police to your house with a charge of premature christmas celebrating!!! Christmas is pretty much a 4 letter word around here until, at the very earliest, December 1st.

Kathy Koch said...

Popcorn movie night with the tree all lit up and cozy sounds like a great way to spend the evening...
I have been listening to my christmas music already and even if it does seem a little early I could actually listen to christmas music in July that would really drive your dad crazy...

Kristen said...

See Audrey, do you see where I get it from? My mom is a huge and always has been a huge Christmas kind of person. ;-) I guess it has rubbed off on me too!

Serena said...

I also love this time of the year. I have already taken over the radio when I am in the car, we will listen to Christmas music. Sounds like you have a great evening planned. Glad to hear you had a great time at the temple!!

Andie said...

I love going to the temple too. It always seems like so much work to get there, with getting a babysitter, running through the drive-thru on the way, and making last minute frantic phone calls to a husband who swore he would make it home on time, but in the end it is ALWAYS worth it!

Kristen said...

I know what you mean about a husband who is usually running late from work...that is why picking Benjy up at work was the key to a less stressful trip yesterday and Judy offering to watch our children! And yes....even if we had the stress of getting there...it is ALWAYS worth it!

shantel said...

I love watching x-mas movies there the best! Hope you guys have a fun night.