Friday, December 5, 2008

Tough Exterior?

After Benjy and I got over who had to go into the cold garage last night to get the Advent Tree.. The girls were excited to open 4 days in a row. The question is....when they get up...who will do day 5? (First one up...Kaydree!) actually I am going to put it back in for when Karsyn gets up and she will never know the difference! ;-)
On Wednesday night we put up our second Christmas Tree. We have one down stairs and one upstairs. I am one who plugs them in right away in the morning and leaves them on until we go to bed....I know.. waisting energy right? I just love to put on Christmas music while I am cleaning.
This tree cost a total of 8 dollars. Tree and lights at an auction..(thanks dad) $2, Star $3 clearance, Gold ornaments $3 clearance! When we went to plug in the star...we didn't have an extension cord long enough to reach. Benjy was a little resistant....ok...a lot....a bit...resistant to putting up a second tree, so when the star wouldn't plug in...he said, "It doesn't need to light up!" When he left for his meeting up at the church he quick went to Kmart to grab a $3 extension cord....oops, tree now cost $11. That is one thing I love about him, he barks a little and likes to have a "buck the system" kind of attitude, but in the end....HE WENT OUT IN THE COLD GARAGE AND GOT THE ADVENT TREE AND HE MADE SURE OUR STAR LIT UP!

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Dear Kristin,
Get you new camera, this one is blurry. :)

Love,
Audrey

Ashton & Co. said...

cute pictures! Your tree looks so pretty! I can tell you LOVe the Christmas season!

Laurel Criddle said...

Hahah that is so cute! I am glad to know I'm not the only one who listens to Christmas music non stop and goes all out! A Christmas tree upstairs and downstairs....is perfect! Benj is funny! What a good dad...hey at least he pretends to be macho! We all know hes a softie!

Andie said...

I am making a cyber little pinky motion at you Benjy, the same one I make at Ryan when our girls sucker him into doing something he'd rather not be doing. :D

shantel said...

WOW two trees..... Mike would kill me!! Lets just say putting up the tree is not something he enjoys:)

Kathy Koch said...

I am with you I plug in all the Christmas lights right away in the morning and if we are home I leave them on all day. I just love the music and the lights and the good cheer. Your dad did a good job getting that tree He complains about the work of getting everything down and in the garage for me but he ends up doing it and I think he really does enjoy how it looks after I get all done. Nobody fights me to do the advent tree everyday but I look forward to doing it every morning too...

Linda said...

We couldn't live without two trees and about 10 Christmas bins! Keep it up! I love Christmas too!

Janice Anderson said...

Men are not women. Enjoy the difference and continue to laugh it up. You got a good one!

Serena said...

I think Benjy really is a softee!! Love the tree!! I am one of those who leaves the lights on all night, even when we are sleeping. Miss you!