Thursday, December 4, 2008

Random Thoughts...

Today is a Random thoughts kind of day. I am subbing at a middle school 1/2 day today. My first two periods are a prep and then I teach two very small reading groups. That gives me a lot of time to read the Ensign and check up on every one's blogs.

Random thoughts:
1. I have been in a writing slump lately.
2. It seems a lot of my friends with the exception of Andrea are also in a writing slump.
3. I am wondering if it has something to do with this time of year?
4. I am finding myself sitting and pondering life a lot while being mesmerized by the lights on the Christmas Tree. (after the girls went to bed we just sat with all the other lights off except for the tree and talked for about an hour, both of us staring at the tree.)
5. I am finding tremendous peace at this time of the year and can't believe that I am almost ready for Christmas.
6. I love sitting down at night to read together as a family. Our current read is a binder of Christmas stories I put together at an Enrichment Meeting 9 years ago.
7. I haven't stepped on the scale this week out of fear to see how much damage I did over the Thanksgiving Weekend.
8. I would love a huge snow storm so that Benjy can finally use his snow blower.
9. Kaydree continues to do really well in school and I love seeing her in the classroom and being thankful that she is my daughter and that she is always doing her best.
10. Karsyn continues to say the funniest things and makes all of us laugh on a regular basis.
11. Benjy never stops amazing me at being an unbelievable dad, which is why I have such Daddy's Little Girls, not to mention that he pampers me more than I deserve!
12. I am glad that my mom is an early morning person so that I have someone to talk to early in the morning when no one else is up. (Well I do talk to her usually multiple times a day and not always in the morning.) Usually I say, "Where are you at?" Since my dad retired they are busier than I am!
13. Last night I ordered Cindy Crawford's moisturizing line at 3 am because I couldn't sleep. I use to make fun of my brother Steve for doing this! I don't even know what the name of it is now...but I got a 159.99 dollar value for 29.99! (I think.....it's all a blur now!) I guess I am feeling old and desperate for something to rejuvenate my sun beaten face from over the years.
14. Wondering what I will think of this journal entry years from now?

8 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

You are so funny. Ordering stuff really late!! Lol. What can you do?? I am right there with you on the writing slump. I think there isn't a ton to take pictures of, we are stuck in the house more and doing a ton of the same ol' Give it a week or 2 and there will be a ton of new stuff!!
Ps I did add some new music!!

Samantha Hussong said...

We must be getting to the age of not sleeping thru the night or waking up extremely early. I have always been an early riser but to hear you get up early is amazing. When we were younger I always had to wait for you to get up in the summer to start our day. Bare Escentuals is coming out with a moisturizer at the end of December. I can't wait, my face is so dry.

Kathy Koch said...

I marvel at your writing ability and enjoy all the blogs so much. I tried to think of what I would write as my random thoughts and I seem to get sidetracked easily. But one thought I have many times in a day is how blessed we are with our family and the good health we have. It brings tears to my eyes and a prayer of thankfulness...

shantel said...

I loved reading your "random thoughts" I agree with your mom your an amazing writer!!

Andie said...

If that moisturizer makes you look like Cindy Crawford, I'm soooo buying some too!

Shadeslayer375 said...

since when did you teach? i never would have guessed!

Serena said...

Your face is already beautiful. Much better than Cindy Crawford. I enjoy your random thoughts. Thanks for everything!!

Unknown said...

Dear Kristen thanks for all the beautiful pictures that you post in your blog. We love seen them. I don't envy the snow you have now. Hope Benjy practices blowing the snow away and clean up later, maybe all Winter. The girls look like they have a great time. We miss you and love you.

P.S. Youe Christmas tree looks beautiful, we put our last night too.

Love Delia