Friday, July 18, 2008

Why oh Why?

Why oh Why did I ever think it would be a good idea to change my hair color? Why did I even want to change my hair color? How much did it end up costing me to change my hair color? It all seems to be a blur to me now! If you spend any amount of time with me, you would often hear from people, "YOU LOOK LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW!" or "DO I KNOW YOU FROM SOMEWHERE? YOU LOOK SO FAMILIAR TO ME!" (Right Benjy?) My reactions are probably confusing to people sometimes, depending on my mood. I usually start laughing, and they are thinking, "WHAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT THAT? and then I always reply, "Ah! YES...I HEAR THAT ALL THE TIME!" and I am thinking...."HERE WE GO AGAIN!" They usually start asking me where do I live, where did I grow up, where do you work....but you look so familiar to me. The kicker for me was when... an intoxicated girl came up to me and was freaking out, "OH MY GOSH YOU LOOK LIKE A GIRL THAT I KNEW THAT DIED LAST YEAR!" Well, I guess some of this may have sparked some of my wanting to look different, however earlier this week, with my hair still lighter, at the grocery store, it happened again! So I guess the saying, " YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE...." is similar to, YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR HAIR, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE, works for me... so thanks to Nicole last night....I am back!




So all of you who let me know that you disliked my lighter hair.... you know who you are... What do you think of this... is it close to my natural hair color? Dad... I am looking for your response! All honest responses welcome, unless you don't like it! Don't tell me.. because my cousin, Sam, asked me this morning, "What if your hair falls out from all the stuff you have done to it?" Let's just stay this color is here to stay.

10 comments:

Samantha Hussong said...

Looks good Kris - Your a beautiful person no matter what color your hair is.

Benjy said...

I will admit that Kristen get the "you look familiar" comment all the time. As for the hair, I just smile and dont ask too many questions. I do favor the darker hair...her hair was dark when we met 9 years ago.

amanda said...

I will say I like the dark hair. I have seen many hair colors thru the ten plus years. I am always honest!!! It does look better than the gray in my hair.

Andie said...

Benjy: RIGHT ANSWER. (About smiling and not asking too many questions). Kristen: Your hair looks great (not goth at all) and still very healthy considering how many "procedures" its gone thru in the last little while. ;-) I do like the dark best and you are lucky you don't have to color it YET...I have gray hair to spare if you ever feel like you need some...I blame those on my rotten children. ;-)

Clint said...

Your hair looks great!!

Kathy Koch said...

Yeah I love the dark color because you have beautiful hair Kris and there are people who would not understand what is not to like.... Your hair always looked so rich and healthy. As for your dad he dislikes any hair coloring What guys do not understand is that how a woman feels about how her hair is looking that day can make all the difference in our attitudes towards
everything. Your dad has a saying "If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy" So good job on getting back to that beautiful dark color...

Crystal said...

You look that same as I remember, maybe slightly darker? I think you look beautiful!

Audrey said...

Um, Clint keeps telling me that if I keep changing my hair color it will fall out too!!!!!

I like the dark!

Emily said...

I change my hair color about every two months - sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't. I think both you and I are better as brunettes but it is fun to try new things. It is funny because I just went really dark again last Tuesday. I think we had the same hair schedule over the last three months.

Laurel Criddle said...

Kris you look HOT! I like the dark hair...Like Benj said thats how it was when I met you so I am used to seeing you like that. Its nice! Your hair is so long!