Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Beautiful Day to End the Weekend.

Benjy and I always have a hard time leaving on Sunday night and traveling on a Sunday, so we usually like to leave early Monday morning and get back in time for Benjy's work and Kaydree's School. Since Kaydree didn't have school and this weekend, being the 4th of July, Our Anniversary, and my Mom's Birthday, Benjy decided to take Monday off. So we decided to get in one last trip out on the boat. I love water skiing, however over the 4th it is so busy on the lake that it is hard to do that. We got up Monday morning and the lake was as smooth as glass and there wasn't another boat in sight, so we decided to make the most of the day.
My favorite part of being out on the lake, yesterday, was going to Key Largo by boat to eat. After our fun on the lake we pulled up to the dock to have lunch. It was so gorgeous.
This place has been around for as long as I remember and we have great memories here! Not to mention their Friday Night, Fish Fry, that is amazing!
The girls going back to the boat with Grandpa and Grandma.

It was absolutely Beautiful! The water was a little cold, but not bad. It only took me 10 minutes to get in. It wasn't until I realized that Benjy and my dad were scheming up a way to throw me in, that I jumped in by myself! If either one of my brothers had still been there, I am pretty sure I would have been in the water within 2 minutes! ;-)
Somehow skiing is much more work the older you get!
Kaydree and I took a little ride on the Ski Bob.

Those things are impossible to get on, once you fall off!

Yep, we fell off! Kaydree practically climbed on top of my head, worrying about all fish that could be underneath her!
We managed to get back on again. Kaydree was screaming stop, but then when we stopped, she wanted to go again! Thanks for a great weekend, Mom and Dad! Do you ever feel like pictures just can't always capture the beauty of something? ....

I love living in Minnesota, The Land of 10,000 Lakes!

2 comments:

The Seaman Family said...

How fun! I love all the lakes too! Your parents house is great and so pretty.

Kathy Koch said...

I am glad you decided to stay and go out to ski. It was alot of fun and I really enjoy pulling up to the dock and going in for lunch. We had a hard time deciding what to order but it all turned out wonderful in the end even if Kaydree did need a little help finishing her cheeseburger.....