Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Smells of Summer!

I usually stuggle with the ablility to smell things, due to my allergies. Today, however, I was able to enjoy some of my favorite smells...As you can see, when my nose is in working condition, I am so grateful for the sense of smell. What an amazing day!
MORNING DEW!

It really rained and stormed lastnight, so on my walk this morning, there was a clean fresh smell.CHLORINE

We took the girls to the Maple Grove Outdoor pool at Lifetime Fitness and I love the smell of CHLORINE. I know some find this strange, but it brings me back to my childhood, spending days at the pool.

FAIR FOOD!
Yes, just the smell of the food, not any of the other smells that come along with a fair! Last night for Friday Family Fun night, Benjy planned on us going to the Andover Fair to have dinner, but it stormed and we were in tornado warnings. Kaydree was still willing to go out for fair food but we decided to play it safe. When we went to Maple Grove to swim today, it happened to be the weekend of their fair,also. So while we were swimming we could smell all of the FAIR FOOD, so we went to the Community Concession Stand and got 2 orders of Nachos, mini corn dogs and french fries for $8. We thought this was very cheap and decided the storm worked to our benefit.
FRESH CUT GRASS.

When we got home Benjy, mowed the lawn and it looked and smelled so nice! This is not a picture of our lawn, there aren't mountains like that in Minnesota! I just thought it portrayed the smell, well!

PICO DE GALLO

Benjy loves to make pico in the summer. When I walked into the kitchen the smell of lime and cilantro was to die for! I had to take a picture of his masterpiece!


CHARCOAL GRILL




We use our gas grill a lot, but I prefer the smell of our charcoal grill, so Benjy opted for our, "take to the lake and camping grill." instead.


CLEAN SHEETS AND TOWELS THAT HUNG TO DRY ON

THE CLOTHES LINE

I would love to end my day by smelling fresh clean sheets that have hung to dry outside. Since I don't have a clothes line, I guess that won't happen! I miss that smell from when my mom use to hang towels and sheets out to dry. When Becky came to visit, she left us a candle that reminds me of this smell, so we are burning it now.

Benjy was a busy guy today. He cleaned the house while I was on my walk, he played with the girls while I laid by the pool and read a book. He mowed the lawn, he made Pico de Gallo and grilled on my preferred grill. Do you see why I feel like the luckiest wife in the world?

4 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

I am with you on the wonderful feeling some of the smells we have around us can give us such warm fuzzy feelings. Probably my favorite is the smell of fresh bread or cinnamon rolls baking. I am glad to hear you are enjoying all that is around you and stopping to smell the roses as they say In the perfect world more us would do that everyday

Danny and Shalayne said...

I love all those smells too! Your blog made me want to go enjoy all of them right now! And the pico looks delicious...and now I am craving it! danny mades great pico too...maybe it runs in the family?!

Andie said...

Man, you guys got a deal at the concession stand. We spent $6.40 on a funnel cake at Valleyfair yesterday, but it was sooooo good!

Ashton & Co. said...

I also love nearly all those smells of summer- especially the smell of freshly cut grass! And the certain sounds of summer- and since I live now where I grew up, so many bring back lots of childhood memories!
Cute post!:)