Saturday, July 19, 2008

Floors, Floors, Glorious Floors.....

So one of my biggest on-going frustrations as a homemaker, is knowing or being inspired on what to have for dinner. I don't mind making what someone is craving the problem is most days I ask them, "What do you guys want for dinner?" Their typical response, "I don't know, what do we have?" I rattle off a couple of choices and they always end up saying, "Whatever!" My response is... "Just tell me what you want." I really struggle with making a meal and then they don't like it, so they pick at it! There is on rare occasion where Benjy will request spaghetti, which is not my favorite. I was in a sport every season during the school year and we always had spaghetti dinners the night before swimming, gymnastic and track meets, so I got a little burned out on spaghetti! The other issue for me is Benjy also loves for me to load it with mushrooms, which I also don't like, so we always have lots of leftovers for him to take to work the next day for lunch. Not this time!

After I put a full bowl of sauce in the refrigerator, I opened the door to put the noodles in and the sauce spilled all over the floor, rug, and on me!
* * * * * * This is what was left (See Below)

Well as most of you know and some of you might not know, Benjy REALLY LIKES CLEAN FLOORS! So, my first thought was..... well you can guess... oh crud! Benjy is going to die! In fact Kaydree went running out in the garage to tell him, "Dad, your floors.... it is really bad, Mom needs your help, fast!" Waiting for him to freak out and say something like, "What happened, how did this happen?" His response blew me away! He smiled and said, "OH GOOD, I WAS LOOKING FOR A REASON TO CLEAN THE FLOORS!"
Benjy loves to clean the floors. He lives to clean the floors. Benjy doesn't mess around when it comes to cleaning the floors! What a nice wife I was to help him have "A REASON TO CLEAN THE FLOORS!"

Side Note: I had to come back and add a comment by Benjy. I was laughing writing this blog, which made him nervous. After he read it his response was, "Oh, that was good, you didn't attack my OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) about cleaning floors!" ;-) He is such a good sport! It actually works to my benefit, I hate cleaning floors. I guess we really were meant to be together......

10 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Since there were no explanations of the pictures I am assuming someone had a little spill and Benjy got right after it...

Kris you are so lucky you don't ever have to clean up those messes if Benjy is around.

Kathy Koch said...

Okay so I read the blog as you were putting it on. Oh what a difference a day makes huh Kris. Good for you for understanding his OCD It works to your benefit and that is always a good fit..We have the same floor and you know your dad never ever did floors but these floors bug him so much he even swiffers every now and again and I do not take offense because as soon as he walks on the floor there will be smudge marks Never do these laminate floors if you can avoid it..... Glad to see you are having a good day...

Audrey said...

1. I LOVE cooking but I hate it when no one else is willing to give me ideas on what they want! It drives me crazy!

2. Please send Benjy to my house. My floors need cleaning. (as I am sure you can imagine with a husky!)

Crystal said...

We'd love to have Benjy come visit our house. With 4 kids and a dog our floors are always in need of cleaning! How lucky you have a husband who not only cleans the floors, but also cleans them spotless!

The Seaman Family said...

This is so funny and True! I have witnessed him enjoying cleaning the floors. I guess it works for the both of you! Looking good Benjy

Andie said...

Wow, the hands-and-knees treatment! I am impressed. You must have made a BIG mess, Kristen!

Ashton & Co. said...

Wow! Maybe some of Benjy's OCD about clean floors could rub off on Joel someday...Your hair is so pretty- dark or light. It has a really nice shine to it!

The Miller Family said...

Oh yes, we'd love for him to visit our house too! I love it when the chores hated by one are loved by the other!

Laurel Criddle said...

K seriously, reading what you put about never knowing what to make for dinner was awesome! I was like "Yes! I'm not the ONLY one!" That is the most time consuming part of making dinner...trying to figure out what to make.

As for Benjy and his OCD. What a great OCD disorder! hahaha I would love that! Now if you can get him to be OCD with the bathroom floors...that would be awesome!!!

Clint said...

This is why I feel like I need to clean my floors before you come over. I don't want Benjy to feel uncomfortable. I sure wish my husband loved to clean floors.