Thursday, July 31, 2008

I am back... Benjy is Gone Fishin'

I am back to the blogging world and I just finished the book, The Host. I really liked it. You can tell it is an adult book compared to the Twilight Series, it takes a little more thinking and comtemplating. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading. If you haven't read the Twilight Series, you should take a stab at those first. I actually found myself liking The Host as much if not a little more than the Young Adult Books. For Benjy's Birthday, he really wanted a new fishing pole, since he snapped his on opening fishing weekend? accident? huh?;-) After a lot of head aches and running all over Kansas, Nebraska and Minnesota, my brother Steve found one at Cabella's in Kansas City. Benjy was so excited. On his actual Birthday, I didn't have the rod yet, so I gave him an actual baby carrot in a bag. He knew right away what it meant.
Here is a picture of his new Carrot Stix Rod.

To prove a point that he really is going to catch more fish for me to fry... which I love! He held his pole up to his throat while he talked so I could feel the vibrations.... Wow...how exciting! Apparently the sensitivity to the vibrations is going to help him catch more fish than anyone else?
Here are the group of guys that are going. The Iowa crew, My brother, Spencer and his 3 friends, Bloom, Woody and Jason, arrived at 3:30 AM and were all up by 6:30AM ready to go! From Left to Right: Benjy, My bro Steve JR., Cory (family friend), My bro Spencer, Bloom, My dad Steve Sr. , Woody and Jason.
Spencer has already started with his story telling. He always is making everyone laugh.
My brother Steve and my dad are very much like, I am. (maybe a little type A in us) Always making sure everything is on the list and ready to go. Wait, my dad's lights weren't working on the boat and he did have to put air in the trailor tires. I had to laugh about the differences between the male and female species. If you put 8 women together for 4 days and half of them are starting out on 3 hours of sleep, it could get a little tense or loopy! (sound familiar anyone?) These guys just thought it added to the excitement!
We are excited for them to catch a lot of fish and for us to have a nice relaxing girl's weekend in air conditioning and soft beds. Our idea of fun is hitting some movies, the pool and the hot tub!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had a little bit of rain there. Hopefully it's nice weather for the weekend!

Clint said...

I wonder if any of them will get car sick or laugh hysterically, because they are too tired. I hope they have a great time. Thanks for the pictures, you do such a great job with your blog. I need help with mine...:)

The Seaman Family said...

They will have a blast! An you guys will too. Enjoy your weekend.

Andie said...

I'm sure none of those guys will stay up all night, and take someone else's prescription painkillers then get kicked out of the car as they vomit in a plastic bag on a stranger's lawn while everyone else laughs uncontrollably from the back of the car. (I don't know anyone who's experienced that).

They'll probably just drink too much Mountain Dew and do a lot of farting.

Have a great weekend!

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like fun! I'm sure Joel would wish he could join... Hope he catches lots! :)

Ryan Anderson said...

10:37PM Friday night on the dude fishing trip:
Benjy [muttering to himself]: Son of a *&$#, why did we go fishing on the opening weekend of Breaking Dawn?
Dude 1 to dude 2 [whispering]: Have you noticed Benjy acting strange? He's irritable, and he downed like a case of Mountain Dew
Dude 2: Yeah, weird. He asked if he could borrow my car keys, but was real hazy on why.

11:54PM
Benjy driving in the car by himself toward a nearby Wal-Mart: Boy, that was a close call getting out of there. I hope they fell for my excuse!

12:05AM Saturday
Benjy talking to married 30-something woman in front of him in line at Wal-Mart: Hey there! I can't believe I'm actually about to get Breaking Dawn!
Woman: Oh, tell me about it! My husband thinks I'm crazy to be here!
Benjy: Mine too!

4:30AM
Dude 1: Benjy! Get up! Its time to go fishing! Dude? I can't get him up.
Dude 2: Wait a second, what's this? A box of freshly eaten bon-bons, my keys, a Wal-Mart receipt generated at 12:11 this morning and this book, Breaking Dawn? He told me he had to get a new fishing pole! Dude, I am totally weirded out!