Monday, March 23, 2009

Some of My Favorite Products.

About two years ago my friend Andrea introduced me to Fiber One bars. They are so handy to throw in your purse for a snack or for Kaydree to bring to school. I am always struggling to find enough fiber in our diet. I have a husband and two daughters who refuse to eat any whole grain products. It makes me soooooo sad. I love wheat/whole grain products. I have finally found products that they will eat and enjoy. On Saturday I made Fiber One Banana Nut muffins. Benjy actually ate the tops off of two of them. He prefers the tops only. I guess I need to invest in one of those fancy muffin top pans. He tells me he almost threw up on the first bite because I forgot to tell him they had nuts in them, so he thought he was crunching on one of my fingernails or something! I know....gross, but once he realized they were nuts he actually really liked them!

Here is a little disclaimer: when you first start eating a lot of fiber it may give you a little gas. A little flatulence is a small price to pay for the benefits of fiber! Once my body got use to it, I didn't even notice it. Benjy is still a little sensitive....;-) however at least he is getting his much needed daily fiber in!

4 comments:

shantel said...

Benjy's still a little sensitive??? I'd say a lot more than a little sensitive ;)

Serena said...

I think Benjy needs to go to the doctor.

Kathy Koch said...

Remember what happened to poor Kaydree the day she took a Fiber One bar for a snack to school..
Your dad and brothers do not need any extra fiber they do just fine without it...

Korbi said...

man, that picture of your dog! I could not stop laughing!!