Sunday, March 8, 2009

Epcot

I am bending down, why? I don't know, well Karsyn was taking the picture. This was after we took a couple hours break and went back to the hotel to swim. We came back at night in warmer clothes because it gets a little cooler at night. I look at this picture and it makes me smile. Benjy and I have developed into an interesting couple. I am very organized in some areas of my life but when it comes to planning trips or making decisions, we have become very spontaneous. Which is actually fun and keeps it interesting. It is a little crazy to think that we booked a Disney Trip less than a week out! Most people plan out their trip for months, maybe even years...not us, it feels kind of like a fly by the seat of your pants decision. In this case it worked to our benefit even with Karsyn being sick. We got up the first morning there without a set schedule and decided to go to Epcot. Everyone suggested different things that sounded like a blast... in the end we decided we would take a day for Benjy. He really wanted to go there and since we wanted to take it easy for Karsyn, we set out.
On the first day I tried to put a quick post on the blog from Benjy's blackberry but couldn't get it to work. When we left that morning it was gorgeous. Just perfect, sunny, warm and everyone was so happy! When we left Epcot I seriously thought and felt that it was the most perfect day in my entire life! I didn't think the rest of the days at Disney could possibly top Epcot! (they didn't but they were equally awesome!)

The different country plazas are absolutely breath taking. They are so clean, cute, beautiful and unique. We rented a stroller on the first day for Karsyn but Kaydree kept talking Karsyn into letting her ride along, too. At first we kept saying, "Kaydree, you are eight and we want to give Karsyn a chance to rest." By the end of the day we were saying, "Okay, fine, just get in with her." They laughed and we laughed. Benjy said, "Get this picture...two for the price of one!" Funny how riding together in a stroller would make them so happy!
The fireworks show at Epcot was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it. Perfect ...absolutely perfect! Awe struck! During the show I got a text from the Kansas Kochs, it said, " How is Karsee we have been hoping and praying for everything to be going well." I just teared up and thought, life is good! To feel love and prayers coming from the people you love and sometimes from people when you least expect it, just made my heart swell. To go from overwhelming stress on the airplane to less than 24 hours later, enjoying an out of this world experience...seeing Kaydree and Karsyn so happy and sharing it with Benjy....just left me at a loss for words and feelings of gratitude! That was a roller coaster of a ride in 24 hours and to have him there to share it with, I thought...this is what it is all about! He is so strong in the areas that I am weak. While I was stressing on the plane about Karsyn, he was picto chatting on the Nintendo D.S. with Kaydree. Kaydree and I sat across the isle and Benjy was making her laugh so hard that it caught the ladies attention next to us and I saw her chuckling at Benjy's art and comments to Kaydree. At one point though...he wrote a little note with a funny face that said, "I just passed a little gas...oops..." I about died because the lady next to Kaydree read it! She got a good laugh out of Benjy, too!
My birthday is at the end of March. I am not Irish, but I consider myself adopted into wearing green, St. Patrick's Day and Shamrocks for the entire month. Every year I buy myself a green shirt at the beginning of the month and beg Benjy for a Shamrock plant! They always die, but hey, they make me happy! Here is my green shirt for this year! We looked so much like tourists...but just wait, I waited to break out the matching stuff for Magic Kingdom! Hee hee.. my matching thing...Sarah...I love to see it when you match your whole family too! My whole upstairs is done in symmetrical, matching black and red decor. I like to do this with our outfits sometimes, too. It makes me feel more put together, planned out???? I don't know???? I think it drives some people crazy and they maybe make fun of me...but it makes me happy! Plus I saw lots of other matching families.... we shared a common bond!
One of our favorite exhibits....rides....shows was the Nemo area. It is so magical and we really enjoyed it.
These little Jelly fish were so cute.
They always had fun things to look at while we were waiting to get into the shows. Although we seemed to be able to walk up to most things. Our longest wait at Epcot was probably 10 minutes.
This ride was so fun. You sit in a big pink shell and watch different parts of Nemo on big screens with a lot of extra bling bling. (couldn't think of any other descriptions)
We had a perfect day.
Our hotel had tons of stuff for the girls to do while we waited for the shuttle.
ALL TIME FAVORITE RIDE AT EPCOT...
BENJY: TEST TRACK
KAYDREE: TEST TRACK
KRISTEN: SOARIN (WE DID IT TWICE)
KARSYN: NEMO OR SOARIN

9 comments:

Andie said...

Your trip looks awesome. Glad you had so much fun.

The "Serene" Life said...

LOVED reading your recent posts! So glad you had fun. Cherish those memories.

shantel said...

Sounds like you all had a blast!!

I forgot what rides were at what parks, when I was reading your post it reminded me of what all was at Epcot!! We loved Nemo TOO!!

Nicole said...

The weather looks really great. I like Disney a lot and Travis an I both really liked Epcot.

Serena said...

We are so glad you had a great week!! Glad you also had good weather!

Emily said...

I am glad you loved Epcot as much as I do. It is my favorite park... I think because it is slower paced, beautiful and educational. I look forward to the rest of your posts:)

Kathy Koch said...

Of course your post brought tears to my eyes as I was so happy for you guys and so tickled at how much you appreciated the whole trip even if it was spontaneous.
You should write flyers for Epcot it really made me want to go back.

Linz said...

I am so glad you went to Epcot! What an amazing day! I love when you can smell the oranges on that Soarin ride. The fireworks display was totally one of my fave parts of Epcot.

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see the matching outfits!!! You're seriously making me want to plan a trip to Disney World- it looks like so much fun! Love all the pics!