Friday, March 27, 2009

The Cherry on Top.

Karsyn and I are off to the Mall of America today! We are meeting my friend Amanda, her two girls and her mom there. She is town for the High School Basketball Tournament. It is always such a treat for me to get a mall and a friend in.... all in one day and come home to Family Fun Night! Does it get any better than this?
Last night I went to a food party with the ladies from the Daycare at the gym. It was so fun to see them outside of their element of always watching my children while I get in a workout! It was really fun and the house was amazing. Such cute ideas. I am not sure Benjy liked me coming home with all these new ideas! ;-)
I then got the opportunity to help out a friend in need last night and spend some time with her darling little babies. Well to me anyone younger than my girls are babies! ;-)
During the day, yesterday, I worked at Champlin High School and only taught two classes with 3 students in each class. I got two prep periods and finished another awesome book! A quick read called, Premonition.
It became very apparent to me after this awesome week that as much as I loved our recent vacation to Disney..to be able to love the life I am living day by day is even more valuable to me. I think I am learning to make a decision everyday to experience the Joy in the Journey....To me our Vacations are just the cherry on top!
Of course I have good days and bad days, I am just glad that the good outweigh the bad and when they don't I am glad that I can make the changes to make sure they do!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like life is very good indeed. Enjoy and cherish these moments.

Brenda said...

Love hearing how you live it, enjoy! You make me smile! Off to Hawaii in the am, BIG smile:)

shantel said...

You are very blessed!!

I am thankful for my great life too!!:)

Kathy Koch said...

Amen We are all very blessed and hopefully we are thankful every day.....

Linz said...

You inspire to be a more generous, caring person. Thanks for being there for me in my time of need. I hope you weren't too tired today.

Becki D said...

You are very inspirational!

I am thankful every day as well.

Serena said...

Loved the book Premonition!! I have it if anyone wants to borrow it. Thanks for reminding me that we need to live each day to the fullest. We are so blessed.

Parker Jane Boutique said...

We are truly blessed each and every day in small ways and big ways. Thanks for reminding me of that!!
Ps. I loved your lesson today! It was great!!

The "Serene" Life said...

How do you managet to get so much done in one day? If only we could buy more time?