Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Animals and Trees of The Kilimanjaro Safari

I just can't believe how close you get to all of these animals. It seems so surreal.



A Warthog and the bottom side of and Ostrich. They were so close it was hard to snap the picture fast enough.
Do you see this white rhinoceros, we went around the corner and there was one standing close enough to touch. Kaydree was a little freaked out and so was I!
He was kind of cute though!
Benjy pointing to the hippos.
This tree is so cool. It looks like it is growing upside down. It gets leaves only 2 months out of the year.
Another...too close for comfort Elephant! Gigantic!
Some big cows with big horns from Africa.
It was so warm and nice! You could just see these crocs soaking up the sun!
Some sort of African deer?
And one cool looking 3 foot bird. I thought that beak could do some real damage if you ticked him off! I really enjoyed the feeling of doing something kind of dangerous....being this close to all of these animals.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Travis and I didn't go on the safari when we were there. Looks like we'll have to next time. Oh, and thanks for the book recommendation-I'll have to give it a try.

Emily said...

Wow, you saw way more animals than we did. The day we went they were all sleeping far away from the path.

Chris said...

That is so cool! I'm sure the girls will be telling animal stories for a long time. This ride alone seems well worth the adventure. Glad everyone had so much fun.

Kathy Koch said...

I agree with Emily We were not as fortunate to see them that close but it is still a beautiful ride and as you said so surreal.
Oh the memories..

Audrey said...

I wanna go now!!!!!

shantel said...

WOW you saw a lot of animals!!

My girls really enjoyed it but were a little scared too!

Janice Anderson said...

How fortunate to be able to see Disney while the girls are young. Bob and I made it there after we were grandparents. It is totally unlike any other place on earth. Looks like you had a most wonderful time together.

The "Serene" Life said...

This makes me want to hop a plane to Florida! I would love to see the look on my kids faces......

Sarah said...

My kids would love this- Jake is obsessed with animals. So much better than the zoo! Looks like the girls loved it!