Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Yesterday Karsyn had green eggs at school so this morning she would only eat green eggs. Here is the Shamrock Benjy brought home yesterday. I love how they close up at night and in the morning they greet me wide open and vibrant looking!
Karsyn showing off her green earrings, too!

The last of our vacation posts! We just loved hanging out by the pool in the afternoon. WE enjoyed our rest and relaxation during our afternoon breaks from the Disney Parks. The 86 degree weather was an awesome change from the long Minnesota winter.

I am feeling a little feisty these days... I think the nice weather gives me some renewed energy? I am also trying to think of a creative way to incorporate green into our dinner.

I just love St. Patrick's Day! It always represents spring is near and so is my Birthday. Not that I get as excited about turning a year older, but every year has been a gift and we saw a couple of families with mothers who looked like they were battling cancer and child in the Make a Wish line at the Disney Parks. It made me realize all that I have been given and have to look forward to. Really after reading the Last Lecture....I feel the need to recognize that each day is truly a gift.

7 comments:

Serena said...

I actually forgot it was St. Patrick's Day. Are you wearing green? Did you also have some green eggs for breakfast? Have a great day!!

shantel said...

I was going to make green eggs and ham for dinner, but I think I'll make spagetti and dye the noodles green!! Hopefully my girls will still eat it their kinda wierd about their food!!

Thank you for reminding me to be thankful and greatful for ALL the things I have been giving!!!

Linz said...

I didn't know you could buy shamrocks! That's cool!

Kathy Koch said...

I am afraid we did not do anything really to recognize that it was St Patricks Day but the green eggs look mighty fine.
I wish I had thought of it and had a good laugh when I served them to your dad he would of had quite a reaction I am thinking..
We are very blessed and I too am thankful everyday.

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like you guys had SO much fun in FLorida! I'm so glad you were able to go! What fun memories! Love the green on St. Patty's day. Such great ideas. I hear ya with the restraunt tabs...we've gotten SO much better now that we live so far out of town. It's now more of a pain to load everyone up and go to town. Cute posts!

Luann said...

I think I bookmarked about 50 things in the last lecture (then realized I borrowed it from the library on my ereader and it dissapered one day oops) Oh back to my point. I love Randy Pauches perspective on life and really strive to live the way he modled, and dream the way he modeled!

Luann said...

Sorry I can't edit the post above the editing part of my brain was asleep.