Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Healthy Eating Bomb!

Benjy and I recognize that our biggest weakness in sticking within our budget comes in the Restaurant tabs. Benjy often gets to go to nice places and order whatever he wants for lunch on the firm's dime. I feel a little bitter when I think about that most of my lunches are spent trying to please my daughters. Here in Minnesota the McDonald's play land is a lifesaver! Today we had a lunch play date and I thought this picture was fitting for what McDonald's play dates represent on my healthy eating plan! I got a salad however I always find myself sneaking bites from the delicious double cheeseburger Karsyn didn't finish and sharing fries with her!

8 comments:

Andie said...

Maybe Micky D's is causing my migraine?!!?

I have become such a sucker for the Golden Arches too. I did read recently that in the middle of the economic crisis McDonald's is doing quite well as a company. Their dollar menu sales are thru the roof.

Where else can you entertain/feed your kid for the afternoon for $6.11?

shantel said...

Hey at least you got the salad!!

I must say I am looking forward to the summer when we can do outdoor lunch dates. :)

Janice Anderson said...

I don't presume to give healthy eating advice (and we all know why), but it seems logical to me that if you take a decent vitamin supplement and then count every calorie, you could eat pretty much whatever you want, even McD's. You'd just have to stop after a couple of bites. And don't drink calories. That's my big downfall these days with my major Icee addiction!

Nicole said...

I'm hoping I will be able to continue withstanding McDonalds even after I have kids because I cna't go in there without getting a cheeseburger. It's just too tempting.

Samantha Hussong said...

I'm surprised, with your germ issues, that you let your kids play in the playland. I think I told you stories about the playland. I love the southwest salad there.

Serena said...

Cheeseburgers are my fav. Although I don't go to Mac-O-Danolds much anymore. My kids now request Culvers. But on our income currently the golden arches are even a stretch. LOL

Emily said...

Just feel lucky you have so many options. Our closest McDonalds is 35 miles away and it is a true treat to go there. But West Union is moving up, we are getting a "big" Dairy Queen in April which in the end will just help my figure even more:)

Kathy Koch said...

Won't it be nice when you can all go to the park for lunch and playtime

Hopefully soon