Saturday, October 25, 2008

We Went to the Fall Festival so...

....... Kaydree could find her teeth!Kaydree invited Brynn and Abby over for her First School Friend's Sleepover!
Kaydree has had sleepovers with her cousins, church friends and some of my friends' children, but never her friends from school. Benjy and I weren't sure if we were ready for Kaydree to do this at second grade, however she has been invited to some Birthday sleepovers and our rule was....No Sleepovers and we had a family counsel to examine this rule! For my paranoid reasons... over protective Mother....have a hard time letting her grow up reasons...too, Benjy and I decided we would start to open up this door for Kaydree. So a couple of weeks ago she sent out two invitations. We told her maximum of 4 people. She decided to only invite her two best school buds. Abby was in her class last year and Kaydree cried when she found out she wasn't going to be this year! After the first day of school, Kaydree and Brynn hit if off sooooo well, so I knew she would be fine. She does tell me often that she wishes Abby could be in their class too!
They did eat some Chili, Hot Dogs and Carrots. I tried to limit their sugar and junk intake! I had actually forgotten about Karsyn eating at this point. You know how that is...when you're responsible for someone else's child, you worry more about them then your own, right?
Thank goodness for Serena and Clint... At one point I had to go to the restroom and I said to them, "Could you watch Kaydree and her friends and make sure they stay in the gym, well on second thought, I am not worried about Kaydree and Karsyn, JUST WATCH KAYDREE'S LITTLE FRIENDS AND MAKE SURE THEY DON'T GET LOST!"
Why didn't I just have Benjy watch them? Well after our family counsel and Benjy really wanting to let Kaydree do this (I was the one against sleepovers) and with all of his support, he decided two days ago, that he was going to fly out to Washington to see his family and go to the Notre Dame Football game! Thanks Uncle Tony and Uncle Ken! ;-) Actually I am so excited for him! What an opportunity.... to say that he loves Notre Dame Football would be an under statement! Ken started texting him two days ago and then Tony called him and put Benjy into tears by offering to bring him out for a little Family Reunion and Football! I am sure they had a great night. They surprised his mom and dad by bringing in Benjy and his younger brother Danny for the weekend. So...tonight if you get a chance, turn on the Notre Dame game and cheer Benjy on....
The Fall Festival was a great activity to bring Kaydree's friends to. They made crafts and played a ton of games. It was actually easy for me...The Seamans and Judy did all the work!
Karsyn just ran around and did her own thing. She tried to use her connections with Mitch Welker. The man behind the fishing game. She just by passed throwing it over the top and went right to the source!
Karsyn was a little bummed that she didn't get to invite her friends over too, yet she was so happy the entire night! Thank goodness!
Hannah and Shantel Hobbs. Her husband Mike was working so we were in the same boat so we just chatted. (No...not me!)
Karsyn with Robbie Kastel and Emily Hobbs.
Former Bishop, Dick Andersen: we got a chuckle out of him trying to eat chili with his little mustache hanging down and I told him, I loved his side view! Aren't the center pieces cute? So... JoDell made the center pieces but I put the little scarecrows in the middle of them! See I can have a little creative side too...
His wife Kathy Andersen.
Rebeckah Hall and Madisyn Hobbs. Maddi got her Laura Engels Wilder outfit for her trip to Walnut Grove this summer! I have lived within 20 minutes of Walnut Grove and have never been to the pageant. What a shame!
Some of the Lamberts and Carlsons with a Madyun and Seaman family member.
The DeGoliers were the best dressed family..... by far!
My little Pumpkin and Red Riding Hood! We had a great time... Good Food, Good Games and Great Company!

12 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. I am glad you have the pictures so Benjy can check them out when he gets home. We are very happy for him as he travels to see his family which he has not seen for awhile. Lets just hope Notre Dame does not let him down...
Looks like belly ache heaven with all the goodies but I am sure you all enjoyed every minute of your festivities

The Seaman Family said...

Thanks for all your help and support. We couldn't have done it with out you all. We really appreciated it. Glad you all had a great time. We really enjoyed it!

Luann said...

It looks like a blast!

Andie said...

I can't believe what a good turnout there was! When I told Ryan how many people were there, he said the same thing I said: 'That's more than we have in sacrament!'. Awesome! I know Abby was really glad she missed the dance and decided to go to the church party instead.

Laurel Criddle said...

I'm sad I missed the party. Go IRISH. Thanks to my wife for a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Hola Kristen

Sounds like the girls had a great ti me with their sleepover with their cousins and friends. You guys had a great time in your Halloween activity. We will have our next week.( chili making contest. So i'm making one.

We love you

Delia in Othello

The Miller Family said...

Wow! What fun! The ward we're in here doesn't have any Halloween celebrations, so we're totally missing being there right now! Your girls looked too cute, and I'm glad the sleepover was a success! I remember getting my first invitation to my first sleepover...it's such a HUGE thing when you're that age! Fun, fun!

Ashton & Co. said...

What fun pictures! Looks like a great time. Hope Benjy had fun, too. What a chance to see his family and football! Yeah! Your girls look so cute all dressed up- the first of many?

shantel said...

I'm glad you and the girls survived your weekend alone. Its sounds like you had alot to keep you busy!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

So fun! I love their costumes! I am so glad that the boys all got to be together this weekend at the Notre Dame game! Danny called me from Seattle SO excited that Benjy was there and surprised them!

Danny and Shalayne said...

oh...the due date is November 17th!

Serena said...

I am glad you had a great weekend and everything turned out good. Your girls were very cute in their costumes!!