Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Pictures Galore!

For Friday Family Fun Night Kaydree wanted to carve pumpkins. We didn't get to it Friday night, so we made it a priority for Saturday after soccer.
The girls drew the faces on the pumpkins.

Grandpa and Benjy cut out the tops and faces.


At this point Benjy called the insides the GUTS, so Karsyn wasn't going to have anything to do with that! Take note of Karsyn's face through all of these pictures!


Kaydree was so excited and couldn't wait to be very dramatic about it! Don't know where she gets that from?

Karsyn is very disgusted! In fact she kept saying, "That is so disgusting, No way am I touching that!" She would say, "NO, dad don't touch the guts!"

Kaydree tried to get the job done with a spoon.

She gave up and used her hands again and Karsyn would put one seed at a time in the bowl.I don't know who enjoyed it more, Benjy and Grandpa or the girls.
After I told Kaydree how proud I was of her for digging in the pumpkin, Karsyn tried so very hard to give it a try, but just couldn't do it!
Kaydree really got into the big sister role and tortured Karsyn with the guts just to get a very dramatic reaction! I am not sure Karsyn really enjoyed this Family Fun!
The girls took showers in order to get all the guts off of their hands
The finished Jack-O-Lanterns.
We soaked the seeds in a little salt water, brushed them with some Olive Oil and baked them for 45 minutes. Benjy and I have enjoyed snacking on them but the girls not so much!

11 comments:

shantel said...

The pumpkins turned out really cute!! I don't blame Karsyn the guts are pretty gross:)

Kathy Koch said...

We really enjoyed doing the pumpkins with the girls and Karsyn was so disgusted and we probably did teased her just a little.
They turned out really cute I hope they make it to Halloween so you can enjoy them with some candles in them for effect...

Laurel Criddle said...

Ahhh thanks for the pics!!!! Looks like so much fun. We are going to carve pumpkins this weekend. That is so funny about Karsyn. Her face was so cute and angry about the whole thing. Benjy looked like he had a good time!

Ashton & Co. said...

Cute pictures! My girls can't wait to do the pumpkins...I love Karsyn's face in all the pics! They are so cute. Tell your girls I think they did a great job!

Andie said...

Those pictures are priceless!!! She looks so disturbed up until the time she had a shower, then she is all happy again! Hilarious...

Nicole said...

looks like a fun time, I like pumpkins

Samantha Hussong said...

Wow what a knife to carve pumpkins! I can't wait to carve ours to get to eat the seeds. Looks like you had a good time.

Serena said...

I love the look on Karsyn's face. I am sure Kaydree had a great time teasing her. The pumpkins look great!!

Kristen said...

Hey Serena how did you like the pumpkin seed Benjy made you eat?

stephanie said...

I guess it's that time of year!! Guess I'd better get to it..the carving of the pumpkins! Last year Ali was like Karsyn..didn't want anything to do with it..too slimy!!

The Seaman Family said...

Karsyn's face made me LOL, the whole post. She is so cute! And Kaydree you could tell was having the time of her life! How fun, they told me about trying the seeds on Sunday! Have a great Mea weekend!