Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Can Smell...

Peanut Butter and Jelly,
Scrambled eggs,
and dog food!
I don't know 100% for sure if it is the antibiotic, but I can smell things that I haven't smelled in a long, very long time! Yesterday I made Karsyn eggs and I walked up to her when she was eating them and I asked her, "Did you pass a little gas?" She said, "NO, why?" I realized I was smelling her eggs. I kind of chuckled and then thought, "Wow, I didn't even realize that was their smell anymore!" This morning I made toast with Peanut Butter and Jelly and I kept smelling the open jars because I haven't smelled that for so long either. I want to keep walking around smelling things except Charlee's dog food, which almost made me gag! I am so worried that after I am done taking this medicine I will go back to not smelling again!? :-(

11 comments:

Serena said...

I didn't even realize that you couldn't smell things. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Does Benjy stink now??? JK

Kristen said...

I could smell things if they were very very strong smelling. On the way home from my parents I could smell all the wonderful pig and dairy farms... lovely!

Kathy Koch said...

You know how it is you get the good with the bad.. Lately the farm smells have been pretty strong but if you have not been able to smell the yummy smells of out of the oven you have been missing alot. I am glad you are feeling better even though we had to talk you into going to the doctor. I am glad we all are feeling better.

Korbi said...

Yeah for smell!!!

The Seaman Family said...

I am hoping that will be the case here soon with me! Ugh, but glad you are feeling better and hopefully it will stay that way for you!

Andie said...

Agreed, scrambled eggs do smell like farts!

I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Ashton & Co. said...

I love all the pictures you took at your mom and dad's! they are so beautiful. I especially love the flower one- and when the girls are raking leaves. It looks so pretty out there! I hope you are feeling better, it would stink to not smell (kind of...)

stephanie said...

Sooooo..Are you smelling ALL the strong smells around your house? That could be quite unpleasant!LOL Glad you are feeling better though.

Laurel Criddle said...

That is so funny to me! Enjoy your new found sense!!!

shantel said...

Sounds like your on the road of recovery. Just in time too the next few months have some pretty good smells!

The Miller Family said...

Ewwwww! I HATE the smell of eggs! But, I'm glad that you're feeling better and you can smell other, more wonderful, tings! I guess it's like everything else in life, huh? You have to be able to smell the bad to enjoy smelling the good!

P.S. He does like to suck on fingers...they don't give their baby a paci, they give him a finger instead :o)