Sunday, October 12, 2008

My High School BFF...

On Friday my long time friend and High School Partner in Crime, Becky Lensing Serreyn came up to visit with her daughters. We liked to do the normal sneak out, drive around in hay fields before we got our license and normal day to day goofy for the heck of it stuff. Before texting we use to write letters back and forth between classes to update each other on what happened in the hour we were away from each other. Our Code names were Crash and Bumper, I was crash (some things never change) and our other code names were Krisco and Rebok for Kris and Rebecca. When we use to sneak out until the wee morning hours, I would always write a letter to her parents or mine, telling them exactly whose house we were at and the number to call in case they found out and were worried! (I will delete the part about sneaking out for my next book, so that Kaydree and Karsyn don't get any ideas!)
We had such great times and have great memories!
It was so nice to sit and visit and catch up. She made a 4 hour drive up with her two girls just to come hang out! Bad hair day for me... and her hair is sooooo cute, so after she left I went and got a haircut late on a Friday night and that's how it usually goes with my hair! Pictures to come...
Karsyn and Charlee with Becky's oldest daughter Rylie who is 3 months younger than Karsyn and shares a birthday with Benjy. Rylie doesn't like to have her picture taken...
Becky and her two year old daughter Addisyn in our toy room. I gave Addisyn markers and said she could write on our walls in the toy room, so she did and Becky was so worried about it. That is what it's for and that's what 2 year olds do! ;-)
It was a beautiful day and we went on a walk to the park and yes 1/2 way home I remembered I forgot my cell phone and camera at the park. I had to run back about a 1/4 mile to get them and run back in order to get Kaydree off the bus. See Beck, never a dull moment with me! I am usually good for a little entertainment and laugh! Thanks so much for coming up and making some new memories with our little ones too. I guess we are a little more reserved and responsible now....bummer! I guess that is a good thing, huh?
Four inches cut off and it feels great!

14 comments:

Andie said...

Your hair looks great! You are SO lucky to have such pretty naturally curly hair.

I love the part about how you used to sneak out but leave notes for your parents about where you were. You're such a rebel! ;-)

Kathy Koch said...

I really do love your new hair cut it looks so healthy and beautiful.
About the sneaking out part of your blog well alls well that ends well but be sure you are as patient with your girls as I was with you when we found out.....
Not that those little angels would ever do anything like that and if I never told you I did appreciate that you always left a note Becky's mom Mary and I have had a laugh or two about that. Thanks for a fun weekend.

The Seaman Family said...

Looking good!! Glad you were able to get your camera back safely and it all went smoothly:)

TheSarlesFamily said...

Hey Kristen I just noticed a couple of weeks ago that you started a blog. Your hair looks really cute. I hope you guys are doing good. Yes I do still blog it just takes me months to post sometimes.

Tina said...

Oh I love your hair!!! And can I come color on the walls?

Luann said...

I am sure the new hair looked great with the new outfit!

It is always wonderful to have a catch up day with close friends.

Sarah said...

Way cute haircut- I really need to cut mine and yours is inspiring me to do it!

Samantha Hussong said...

Cute hair Kristen - Looks like you had a fun weekend.

The "Serene" Life said...

Krissy~
Thanks so much for the great day on Friday. The girls and I had so much fun. You made it hard for us to leave. Always fun to catch up........and of course I always enjoy your "stories" they have always made me laugh. I almost forgot about crash and bumper.....I keep you around for your good memory! Love ya and thanks again.

Serena said...

I am glad you got to spend some time with your BFF. How fun to live close enough to still enjoy each others company!! Your hair looks awesome! Thanks for rescuing me today!!

shantel said...

I love getting together with my best friends from high school, we can not talk for a year and just pick up where we last left off. I'm glad you had a good weekend!

Audrey said...

The hair is Fan-freakin-tastic!!!!!
I miss a few of friends for the same silly things you did too! Isn't funny how much you laugh when you even thing about that crap??

Schreurs said...

Kris, It looks like you, Becky and the girls had lots of fun. It is great to listen to all the stories! Your haircut is adorable!

I read your comment on my blog about the birthday party, we had a great time, not sure I am a great planner, but certainly had a good time with the kids, just glad it is over! Take care!

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

That's awesome that you were able to spend a day with your friend and make new memories. Those are moments to treasure! Hey, I love the hair, too! You are way spontaneous!