Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Think I Love This Time of Year?

When we got to my parents house I couldn't believe how beautiful the colors were!
The girls always love to rake a leaf pile just to jump into it.
Grandma and Charlee helped.
We went for a walk and I loved the colors at this time of year however,
my sinuses were going crazy. In fact my mom, my dad and myself are all on antibiotics for Sinus Infections. I haven't been on an antibiotic in four years and I hate having to take something for it! Yet, I haven't been able to kick this sinus pressure, chest gunk (I meant gunk not junk), headaches, ear pain and nausea.
The doctor said that this is the worst year he has ever seen with these sinus issues for people. I guess we are not the only ones. He called it the Minnesota yucks...?
I guess the price some of us pay for living in such a beautiful state?
It is worth it though!
My parents chickens and Turkeys seem to be enjoying the fall season.
The last of the flowers before a hard freeze! I stand all amazed at the beauty all around!

Oh... the girls found this snake and Karsyn was very sad that he was dead. We don't know what happened but I thought it was an interesting picture? All of the Grandchildren actually enjoy finding these little guys out here only if they are alive though. I thought it offered a contrast to all the other fall pictures I took! Kind of shocking and gross... yet sad that it is still a loss of life? Just curious what was your reaction when you saw the last picture?

11 comments:

Andie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful pictures! Except for that snake. That's the one critter that gives me the heebie-jeebies. (But I bet the girls were fascinated)!

Sorry you're not feeling well but hopefully the antibiotics will help soon.

The Miller Family said...

My first thought was "SICK!" Then when I realized it was dead, honestly I thought "Good!" But then I felt bad, and thought "awww, poor guy."

Those pictures make me so jealous of all you northeners, even if you do have sinus infections! :o)

The Seaman Family said...

Those pictures are so pretty! Your parents have the best walking trails. I love it there. Glad that you guys are having a great time. Hope you start feeling better soon!

Luann said...

I love the pictures the wheat is beautiful! Actually all of the pictures are beautiful. I can just hear the giggle of the girls in the leaves and see the warm smile on your moms face watching them. This is the one time of year that I really want to live in a different climate.

By the way the nasty creeping crud has made it way to Las Vegas also a few weeks ago.

The last picture here is my thought process "EEEK" "Whew it is dead" "Mmmm how do I feel about it? Not to sure?"

Sarah said...

One downside of living in CA is that we don't get the beautiful Falls that you guys get. I love all of the colors and how fun for the girls to jump in piles of leaves! The snake does creep me out a little bit!

Samantha Hussong said...

Are you feeling better yet? We are fighting the gunk also.

Serena said...

I have to agree, Minnesota is a beautiful state!! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope the antibiotics help.

I hate snakes!! Don't like the last picture very much. Briana would be screaming just from the picture.

Tina said...

My reaction was "oh that looks the kind of snake I picked up at Nick's soccer game" ha ha ha Emily FREAKED out at that!! I love fall too, but it's too cold for me.

shantel said...

I love all your pictures!! I hope you start feeling better soon. I just got ur message I'll give you a call in the morning!

Hermana Whitehead said...

Beautiful home and country. The colors are just gorgeous.

Life with Mark and Kristin said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Your parents home and yard are beautiful.