Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Card Playing and Another Cookie Mishap...

There are some members of my family who like playing cards. They like a game called Pegs and Jokers. My oldest Brother Steve and his wife love it, Benjy loves it, Emily tolerates it, but Spencer and I really do not like to play. The rest of the family is always trying to get Spencer and I to play. I don't know why, I always win, but they keep asking me to play. I agreed to play this weekend in order to make my husband and parents happy. I agreed to when Benjy and my dad went on a walk for me and my happiness. Mom and I won on Friday and Saturday night. I just wish we had more of a challenge, but it was a decent way to spend time together. Notice I did not use the word "fun" in order to describe playing, however it was FUN to win!
Those of you who know me, know that I can not make cookies. Even after I got a new oven and new baking soda, that I no longer keep in my fridge. Yes, I have tried, all butter, all shortening, 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening and they are still flat. We got some cookie dough from Papa Murphy's and now I have a whole new problem.... they aren't flat, they just all slid together!
Do you think my pan might be the problem?

10 comments:

Samantha Hussong said...

I would say your pan has something to do with it. Christmas idea????

Andie said...

have you tried an airbake?

The "Serene" Life said...

Kris~ From now on I think I should make all your cookies. You can call me phyllis if you want....I don't mind. :-)

Kathy Koch said...

The cookies might have had a disadvantage being baked on that warped cookie sheet but they tasted great. Maybe you should take Becky up on her offer to bake your cookies for you another idea might be to throw away the cookie sheet and get yourself a new one...
Yes we won at pegs and jokers but luckily they like to play enough that they will play again yeahhhh

Serena said...

I have an extra cookie sheet you can have!!

Benjy said...

To give Kristen and Kathy a chance at Peg and Jokers, I was playing left handed... So they did not really win.

shantel said...

I'm with your mom, your cookies might not look the best, but they've always tasted great when you've given us some!! It might not hurt to get a new cookie sheet, take Serena up on her offer.

Laurel Criddle said...

Thats funny about your cookies. I heard its the weather that can ruin cookies. Humidity. 8 out of 10 times my cookies don't turn out how I want them too. I get the Otis Spunkmeier cookies from Costco. AWESOME and better tasting than homemade.

I dont even know that card game! Are your parents living with you? It seems like they are there everyday!

Sarah said...

I would try adding a little extra flour to the dough. This is what I always do and it makes for a nice non-flat cookie!

photogirl said...

did you ruin your cookie sheet just so the cookie fairy would rescue you?

I am amazed and super impressed that you already have the fall party blogged...you definitely win the blogger award in my book!!!!!!!!!!