Monday, October 13, 2008

Super Soccer Saturday...

My parents came up to help us blow out our sprinklers, wash our windows and watch the girls in their last soccer games. It was a beautiful morning.
We got to sit through a total of 5 games and it got a little long on our bottoms! Kaydree snuggled up on Grandpa's lap. He actually yelled, "Go Kris," once and my mom laughed and said, "must have been a flash back," not because I played soccer, but because she is so short next to everyone else!
The Seamans came to cheer the girls on and right after they left she got nailed in the face with the ball, again! I guess it was probably better for Kaydree that they had already left because it was in the last 2 minutes of the last game. She ended the season and went out with a BANG!
They both got sweet soccer medals, but Kaydree wasn't in any shape to take a nice picture with hers! In fact I was asking where my camera was to make sure I didn't leave it again, and Kaydree was upset and thought I was going to take one of her face and said, "I don't want a picture taken." I think she is tired of the blogging pictures!

10 comments:

stephanie said...

Thats awesome..your parents look the same as they did in 95...lucky for them. I'm sure your girls enjoyed their visit lots :)

Andie said...

Blogging lends itself to lots of picture taking, I agree. Someday your girls will thank you!

Are you glad soccer is over?!?

The Seaman Family said...

It was such a beautiful day out we were glad that we could come and watch the girls play! We all had a great time. It's always great to visit with your parents also! Way to go girls!

shantel said...

I think all have to talk our girls into soccer next year I think they would have a blast if they just tried it!! Good job girls.

Audrey said...

Come, November you CAN leave your camera because you'll have a new one (if you still want it).

Kathy Koch said...

It was a beautiful morning and we enjoyed the games. I did have to laugh when dad cheered Kaydree on calling her Kris I guess some habits just stick with us...I know when our kids competed I was like the physco mom but as a grandma I just don't want them to get hurt and if they are having fun that is all that matters. I guess I lost that competitive edge...

The "Serene" Life said...

You and your mom look like "twins" in the first picture! Lookes like a fun day! PS - Love your new shirt Kris.

Sarah said...

So nice that your parents could come for the games and to help you with projects. It looks like the girls had a great soccer season! That's so sad that Kaydree got nailed in the face- I hope she's okay!

Serena said...

Saturday was a beautiful day! What a great way to end the soccer season. Kaydree is such a good soccer player. I hope she keeps going!! I didn't get a chance to watch Karsyn, hopefully next year!!

Ashton & Co. said...

I agree with Andie, blogging has made me take way more pictures than usual! I love that picture of Karsyn with her medal. What a fun day. Your girls look like little soccer champs!
P.S. Love your hair- you have such beautiful color and it looks So thick! you are so lucky