Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fairies, Fun, Friends and Faith

Fairies returned to our home last night. The "Tooth Fairy" is much more generous than I would be for a tooth! I tell you that Tooth Fairy is going to break us! Kaydree finally lost that front tooth! She laughs at the way she talks now. She loves to sing the Alphabet song and giggles when she gets to S....Today she got hit in the face with the soccer ball and if that tooth hadn't already come out, I am pretty sure it would have went flying! She was a trooper and couldn't wait to get back in the game!
Fun... Benjy and I coached Karsyn's soccer team today. It was pretty funny and we had some laughs at ourselves trying to get a team of three and four year olds to work together. Some of the parents were thanking us for filling in and being extremely kind because they got a couple of chuckles out of us trying to coach. Benjy said to them, "Well that was our debut and I am pretty sure it is safe to say we won't be coaching again!" The definition of debut also début ( ) n. A first public appearance, as of a performer. Let's just say we performed alright.... as comedians and desperate for help! Friends... came to the rescue. Kaydree was very sad and disappointed that neither one of us would be watching her game. Usually we divide up and one of us watches her game and the other watches Karsyn and then we switch 1/2 way through. That wasn't an option today, so the Welkers showed up unexpectedly and it brought tears of gratitude to my eyes. It meant so much to Kaydree to have them cheering her on. I forgot to give Kaydree her water bottle so Serena came to the rescue again and got it for her. It not only made Kaydree feel special but it made me realize how blessed we are to have friends who love and support us.
Faith... I love this time of year when we get to hear our Prophet and Apostles speak to us. We usually go to my parent's house to watch it on their satellite however since we were coaching today, we decided not to go. I am so thankful for technology... (I love Technology for some of you Napoleon Dynamite Fans) We are now able to watch it on our own T.V. without satellite. I always come away from General Conference with increased faith and a renewed commitment to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

8 comments:

Danny and Shalayne said...

You all look so good! I love this time of year too! I always look forward to these weekends - they make me feel so refreshed!

Nicole said...

Your coaching may not have been wonderful but at least it wasn't a train wreck. I think coaching 3 and 4 year olds is a big accomplishment. I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Ashton & Co. said...

SOunds like you are quite the coaching team! :) What a fun thing for your girls, though!

Ashton & Co. said...

P.S. We are so lucky here, we get conference on our LOCAL channels. Crazy -huh- :)

Kathy Koch said...

Well it sounds like it is a good thing Kaydree lost her tooth at home instead of in a soccer game but what a story that would have been. Thanks to the Welkers for being good soccer fans for Kaydree
and supporting the Villarreals in their time of need.

Laurel Criddle said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! You guys mean to say that you won't be coaching again! c'mon youre young and full of energy!

Andie said...

I'm sure you guys were great soccer coaches! How could a state champion wrestler and collegiate gymnast and track coach not be?

How did you get your computer to hook up to your TV? That's awesome.

shantel said...

I'm sure You guys did a gret job! Thank goodness for friends I'm sure that meant a lot to your whole family.