Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's Finally Here...

the day we leave for Hawaii. We were a little nervous about getting out in the middle of a snow storm. It was a great day to leave on. As we said, "Goodbye," to the kiddos, I fought back the tears so that Karsyn wouldn't cry. It felt like I was leaving part of myself behind as the girls waved out the window. I hadn't spent a night away from Kyce, so it was a little hard but we are so ready to have an adult only vacation. We had an hour delay which gave us some down time to enjoy our books. Then we were off to Seattle to spend the night with some of the Villarreals and Criddles.
We got in pretty late and Benjy's parents drove up to his sister, Laurel and her husband, Kevin's house in Seattle. They had to leave to go back around midnight to drive over 3 hours home. They needed to transport some missionaries in the morning. We loved seeing them, even if it was for just a short time.
Danny and Shalayne flew in right before us from Salt Lake City. We had so much catching up until 4 in the morning in their beautiful home! Laurel had made some awesome soup (like the kind you get at Olive Garden) and some homemade rolls! Yummy...

7 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Looks like you are having fun already...I will share this with the girls when they get home...Enjoy and keep us posted...

The "Serene" Life said...

Have a great time........How can you not in Hawaii........Order a virgin lava flow....mmmmmm....they are delicious.....of course mine wasn't a virgin one......but oh how I miss them!

Audrey said...

have fun!!!

p.s. Ty was at the airport this morning too!!!!!!

Anna Stoelting Dailey said...

Hope you have a blast! I'd love to see Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

So exciting and good for you guys! You deserve it! BTW, nice haircut Benjy! You look real snazzy!

Laurel Criddle said...

I look homeless in this pic! hahah It was almost tortuous to have you come through because it was SO FUN to be with you guys and it was teasing me because I wanted some more Benjy and Kristen! :) I'm so excited for you to vacation and relax! SO wonderful to see you both. Now I really CAN'T wait until July!

Linz said...

Have fun in Hawaii you skinny Villarreals! ENJOY!!!