Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Polynesian Culture Center & Temple

Although I woke up feeling horrible from a food borne illness I was still so excited to start our trip off with a visit to the Temple and the Polynesian Culture Center.


Everyone is so friendly and you get use to hearing Aloha and Mahalo.
It was fun watching this young man climb the tree.
Benjy and Danny perfected their fake laughs as we waited for our canoe tour of the villages.
There were so many favorite things about the Polynesian Center that it is too hard to pick from t touring the villages, to the canoe tour, to the Luau and then finally to the AMAZING show.



I can not even tell you how nauseous I was but when Benjy actually found a little part on his pork that belonged to a mama that would have suckling piglets, I couldn't eat anymore. My travel companions thought the food was fabulous! I am sure I would have enjoyed it also, if I wasn't already suffering. (I know, no one has any sympathy for me, what better place to have to be sick then in Hawaii, right?)

If you are on the Island of Oahu, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to go to the Polynesian Culture Center....It was a once in a lifetime experience! I wouldn't have missed it for anything...food borne illness included! The only thing you have to remember is that everyone here is your COUSIN. They constantly call everyone, "Cousin."

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I love Hawaii!! especially the PCC! I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope that you are feeling better soon! Wish I was there with you.

Kathy Koch said...

The pictures look so beautiful and I hope someday you can go back and enjoy the cultural center to the fullest Food included...

Linz said...

Kris, how many days of your trip were you sick???

Feeling ill or not, you seriously look so gorgeous Kristen!

Danny and Shalayne said...

I don't think I can ever look at Kalua or luau pork the same now.

shantel said...

It looks amazing!!

I have sympathy for you, getting sick on vacations sucks!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!