Friday, February 25, 2011

It's so Hard to See You Go...

We have been mending some broken hearts, lately.
On their last night in Minnesota we were able to have a giant sleepover and in the morning we had to face the inevitable, our friends were moving to Nebraska.
We are so happy for them, but we are so selfishly sad.
Kyce and Mason have grown up together. Well as grown up as 15 and 17 month olds can be.
Charlee will be missing his beloved Hannah! They are such good buddies. Although I don't know if he can see her at this point. That is a sign that he needs a good grooming! I got the kids to the dentist this week, I better put Charlee on my "to do list," for next week.
I know that moving can be very stressful. I think that they pulled it off with ease. Although I believe Shantel can be quoted, "We are never moving again, well at least not until all the kids are grown up." I know that they were just itching to finally get on the road and I watched Mike check and re-check to make sure things were strapped down, the tires looked okay and that the hitch to the trailer was secure. I could see Shantel and Ashley, patiently waiting in their cars to leave and then I saw Mike come back to Shantel for the most important part of their move, to say a prayer. That is when I lost it! I had been fighting back the tears in order to be strong for the kiddos, but seeing them bow their heads in family prayer, right before they left, made me realize what an example they have been for my family. We have had so many great times with them. They have been gone for a week now and all of our hearts are still aching.. but we look forward to seeing them again, very soon!

8 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

We wish them the best in their new home in Omaha We moved to a small town not far from there when your dad went to work for Schwans and you were only 21 months old. I knew one thing we better be Big Red fans or at least fake it or we would be run out of town...Good luck to them

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristen! You made ME cry now - and I'm at work! We definitely are going to miss that awesome family.

Danny and Shalayne said...

oh sad! I remember you telling us this was coming up and I'm sad for you guys that it is already here!

Audrey said...

:(

shantel said...

We only pulled it off with "ease" because we have the best friends ever! Seriously, Thank You so much for all that you and your hubby have done for us and for taking in some of my family for the weekend!

Now for the second part, dang you for making me cry, I haven't put on make-up in a week and I finally did today and it's now running all over my face. Thank you for your friendship and can't wait til we can all get together again!!

Linz said...

I love how you recounted that last past. So tender and sweet. Truly representative of that awesome family.

memories by Jan said...

Sweet post Kristen. We will miss them, too.

The Miller Family said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes! Even We are missing them for you, and we've been gone for 2 years now!!!