Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pearl Harbor

It is hard to believe that this was once the scene in this serene bay.
At the memorial for all of the fallen sailors during World War II, it brought me to tears to read the simple, yet powerful words, "ON ETERNAL PATROL."
It is a sobering experience being at Pearl Harbor.




I stood and thought about what it must have been like for the suicide bombers to drive this into their target and yet today we still see methods of suicide bombers. We would hope that through time things would improve. In some areas we as people do improve and in others it seems to just get worse. I couldn't help but feel proud to be living in such a great country and to have men and women who sacrifice so much for us to have the freedoms that we enjoy.

1 comment:

Kathy Koch said...

I have heard it is actually quite emotional to see this memorial. I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the memorial and appreciate what sacrifices were made here.