Monday, January 24, 2011

Starting The Year Off Right

Our Women's group at church had a Starting the Year Off Right activity.
It is always fun to have time to talk and enjoy a meal without our little ones running around.
The Mexican food was AMAZING!
We played, Pin the Tail, on the Donkey.This homemade pinata was way too cute to break!
It was REALLY fun hitting it though!
It took a couple of people to give it a good whack!
There were some special treats just for ladies.
With a golden ticket from the pinata there were more great gifts!
We are collecting clothing for adults so we had a fashion show with clothes provided from Classy Consignments.The fashion models were wonderful.
Being the professional photographer that I am... ;-) I figure I don't have to be in the pictures. I convinced the ladies in the front to pose so that they could all fit in the picture,
only to have it backfire on me and I ended up posing in the front, laying down. I guess that is what I get! I am just so thankful for the people who put in so much time and effort to make these activities special. It is always nice to see people braving the freezing cold in order to support one another in our callings. It was a great activity and I am looking forward to the next one. We will be making adorable Hair bows.

6 comments:

Kathy Koch said...

Looks like a good time was had by all

Serena said...

Looks like a fun activity! Miss you all!!

Audrey said...

awwww....looks fun!

Linda said...

Great group of girls!!!! I miss you all too!!!

shantel said...

It was a fun night!!

Linz said...

There was a lot of work put into that. I really appreciated it! Good photo documentation, Kris.