Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hawaii Day One

It was so warm when we stepped off the plane. I had a sweater on and I was dying! We brought the computer so that we could skype with the kiddos. I am so thankful for technology! It was 81 degrees when we landed.We didn't waste any time getting on the beach.
Danny and Benjy couldn't wait to go snorkling.
Benjy and Danny were so excited on their first trip out, they saw tons of fish and a turtle. Now, the story has changed numerous times. At first the turtle was three feet wide and now they claim it was as big as a car. First it was a story on how Benjy rode it, until we found out it is illegal to touch a turtle, so the story is that the turtle attacked him!
It was just so nice to finally be on the beach and in beautiful Hawaii. It is everything and more then I imagined it to be!
We had lunch at a questionable spot that looked somewhat like a stand at the State Fair. I decided to go with my favored gyro. Let's just say, that I won't be eating a gyro, anytime soon!

10 comments:

Laurel Criddle said...

I laughed out loud with the story changing about the turtle! I'm so glad you're enjoying yourselves!

The "Serene" Life said...

Can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am! I LOVED it in Hawaii soooo much. some places we ate that were good were Cheesecake Factory and Dukes.......both had good food.

shantel said...

Super jealous!

Anonymous said...

Love that your blogging while on vacation! I will just enjoy Hawaii via the Villarreal's!

Linz said...

It seems like no matter where younger in Hawaii, the pictures look amazing! What a gorgeous place.

Kathy Koch said...

The girls say they are so jealous right now. They miss you and look forward to seeing you next week. Have fun and hope you feel better

The Seaman Family said...

How beautiful!! Enjoy the warmth...it's freezing here!

Hermana Whitehead said...

Let's see...Minnesota in the winter...or...Hawaii.

So fun that you get to go to Hawaii. Enjoy it! George and I will be there in about 10 days to watch Tom play basketball. Can't wait.

If you're on Oahu, you might want to eat at a restaurant called Haleiwa Joes. There's one on the north shore and one in Kaneohe. Really great food and ambiance. Here's the url address: http://www.haleiwajoes.com/111111_hjoes_locationsmain.html

Danny and Shalayne said...

I probably will never try a gyro now. I will leave that experience for you and you alone :)

Danny and Shalayne said...

AND we need to remember to always go with our gut and don't listen to the boys babble about us being diva's or the cost. Any cost is worth not having food poisoning, right?!