Thursday, November 24, 2011

Who's That Masked Man?

After living in the Halloween Capital of the World for the last 5 years, we have all embraced the fun in the festivities, even my wonderful hubby.

He was a little hot because he had to wear jeans under his costume. It is a little to form fitting for him, even though he was a wrestler, for some reason it's not a good idea after your married, in your 30's and have 3 kids to wear a form fitting outfit , it's way too creepish.


We were getting ready for the girls to get home so we could go to our church's Fall Festival so Benjy said, "I'm going to run out to their bus as Batman. It was hilarious. The kids were pointing and yelling but Our very embarrassed 10 year old, was not HAPPY. I laughed so hard that I was crying. I couldn't believe he actually did it. Even some of our neighbors came out and cheered for him. They must think we are the weird and crazy family! OH, well...we have fun!
In fact she wouldn't even walk towards our house. She told her friend that she was going to her house! She was so mad and didn't talk to us for awhile. There may have been a couple of tears. Then we felt a little bad for her and wasn't so funny, anymore. Poor thing.

Our sweet little 7 year old thought it was awesome!
Who says you can't turn a Mini van into a Bat Mobile?
We found 3 out of the 5 costumes at 75% off so it was easy to have a theme this year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I know you told us about this but its even better being able to see it!

Audrey said...

I didn't know he went to the bus like that.....thats awesome!

shantel said...

HaHa! We all got to have moments where our parents embarrass us!

Linz said...

I love that he ran out to the bus and that you even have an action shot of it!!

Danny and Shalayne said...

I'm in love! That is so adorable. AND I think it is hilarious that Benjy ran out to meet the bus! Do you have in on video? Please please say you do. I would have cried from laughing too. I'm sure Ada will have plenty of the "i'm embarrassed of my parents" experiences as she gets older. But Kaydree (and Ada too hopefully) will look back on it and laugh and the probably do the same thing to their children. Such is life and parenthood :)

Ashton & Co. said...

What a great idea! Such great costumes!!! You are a cute "bat" family!